320 revolver ammo

If you ask the cfc thoroughly enough one of them will probably eventually tell you it is bad, I've found that when I'm talking to someone there who doesn't fully know the law or policy they make it up on the spot.
 
Maybe.
Merwin, Hulbert revolvers in .32 H&R as listed as antique.
There is a .320 revolver cartridge that is not .32 S&W or .32 Colt.
When you talk to the CFP, get through to one of the techs. in Ottawa.
 
Is it a centerfire or rim fire? .320 rimfire was a pretty common round before the turn of the 20th century. Was packed with black powder. .320 rimfire is not listed by name so it's acceptable as antique status.

Handguns:

•manufactured before 1898 that can discharge only rim-fire cartridges, other than 22 Calibre Short, 22 Calibre Long or 22 Calibre Long Rifle cartridges;
•manufactured before 1898 that can discharge centre-fire cartridges, other than a handgun designed or adapted to discharge 32 Short Colt, 32 Long Colt, 32 Smith and Wesson, 32 Smith and Wesson Long, 32-20 Winchester, 38 Smith and Wesson; 38 Short Colt, 38 Long Colt, 38-40 Winchester, 44-40 Winchester, or 45 Colt cartridges

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/antique-historique-eng.htm
 
To the OP: 320 revolver centerfire is considered antique. I once bought a small belgian bulldog in 320 revolver and it came with a letter addressed to CBSA advising them of the antique status and outlining that the caliber is not on the forbidden list. The gun was allowed in.

.320 revolver is a center fire cartridge. Just ordered 300 brass from Mystic. Certainly falls under Antiques as far as I can tell.

I'd be interested in some brass too... but maybe 50 pieces tops. How much is it anyway, if you don't mind saying? Also, what kind of bullets/dies are you planning to use to reload 320 revolver? Thanks!

:)
 
Handguns:

•manufactured before 1898 that can discharge only rim-fire cartridges, other than 22 Calibre Short, 22 Calibre Long or 22 Calibre Long Rifle cartridges;
•manufactured before 1898 that can discharge centre-fire cartridges, other than a handgun designed or adapted to discharge 32 Short Colt, 32 Long Colt, 32 Smith and Wesson, 32 Smith and Wesson Long, 32-20 Winchester, 38 Smith and Wesson; 38 Short Colt, 38 Long Colt, 38-40 Winchester, 44-40 Winchester, or 45 Colt cartridges

Interesting how the RCMP 'fact sheet' makes it look like .45 Auto Colt Pistol is on the no no list.
 
I think it was 92$ shipped. Not over 100$ for the 300 brass. As far as a mould I am having one custom made for the diameter .317 from Old West Bullet Moulds in Colorado. I have already had him make me a custom mould for .41 Long Colt heel based bullet. He also has custom crimping dies etc that I have picked up. Very nice guy to deal with, but for a hand made brass mould, handles, and die, and shipping I figured 200$ was reasonable enough for a unique piece that will allow me to load this heeled bullet.
 
holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom