Has anyone chrono'd custom ammo's .44 mag?

I want to pick up a case or three of custom ammo's reloads, but he says he hasn't chronied any of it. Because this is a hunting gun, I'd love to know what these 240's are doing out of a carbine barrel before laying down the cash.

WW

random question perhaps, but where is custom ammo located? and how do i get in contact with them?

thanks
 
Custom ammo location

CUSTOM AMMO IS JUST A PART OF CUSTOM RELOADING SERVICE INC.
MAPLE RIDGE, B.C.
tHE 44 MAG WILL GO ABOUT 1500 OUT OF A 6 INCH BARREL.
YOU WOULD HAVE TO TRY IT OUT OF YOUR RIFLE AS EACH FIRE-ARM WILL BE DIFFERENT ALSO DEPENDING ON MANY OTHER CONDITIONS.
MOST OF ALL OUR AMMO IS LOADED TO STANDARD SPECS AND IS USED FOR TARGET SOOTING,ETC.

WE ARE THE ONLY COMMERCIAL IN B.C.

TAKE CARE AND HAPPY SHOOTING

JOHN (CURESE)
 
CUSTOM AMMO IS JUST A PART OF CUSTOM RELOADING SERVICE INC.
MAPLE RIDGE, B.C.
tHE 44 MAG WILL GO ABOUT 1500 OUT OF A 6 INCH BARREL.
YOU WOULD HAVE TO TRY IT OUT OF YOUR RIFLE AS EACH FIRE-ARM WILL BE DIFFERENT ALSO DEPENDING ON MANY OTHER CONDITIONS.
MOST OF ALL OUR AMMO IS LOADED TO STANDARD SPECS AND IS USED FOR TARGET SOOTING,ETC.

WE ARE THE ONLY COMMERCIAL IN B.C.

TAKE CARE AND HAPPY SHOOTING

JOHN (CURESE)

Hi John. Just to confirm.....you are getting 1500 FPS out of a 6" barrel? With the 240 gr. Bullets you load?......Holy crap! Those aren't "standard target" velocities.....that is really hot. Don't get me wrong, hot is a good thing.....in fact, if those #s are correct I'll take a case or two as that would put them around 2150 out of my 18.5 carbine.....but it sounds almost too good to be true. At least I haven't been able to get those kind of #s.

Can you check and confirm?

Thanks! :D

WW
 
CUSTOM AMMO IS JUST A PART OF CUSTOM RELOADING SERVICE INC.
MAPLE RIDGE, B.C.
tHE 44 MAG WILL GO ABOUT 1500 OUT OF A 6 INCH BARREL.
YOU WOULD HAVE TO TRY IT OUT OF YOUR RIFLE AS EACH FIRE-ARM WILL BE DIFFERENT ALSO DEPENDING ON MANY OTHER CONDITIONS.
MOST OF ALL OUR AMMO IS LOADED TO STANDARD SPECS AND IS USED FOR TARGET SOOTING,ETC.

WE ARE THE ONLY COMMERCIAL IN B.C.

TAKE CARE AND HAPPY SHOOTING

JOHN (CURESE)

1500fps???? That's pretty impressive.
 
1500fps???? That's pretty impressive.

I was going to call BS on that, but my Hornady manual shows a 240gr bullet over 24.8gr of H110 at 1400fps out of a 7.5" barrel and Hodgdon shows 1522fps for a 240gr bullet over 24.0gr of H110 out of an 8.275" barrel. So apparently it isn't as outlandish as it sounds. I can confirm that 24.0gr of H110 under a Keith 245gr SWC is a pretty stout load to hang onto in my Redhawk.

OP, my Hornady manual shows the same 24.8gr of H110/240gr bullet combo at 1800fps out of an 18" barreled carbine. That 400fps spread should be fairly close for this ammo, so you will probably get more like 1900fps than 2150fps out of your rifle.

Mark
 
Hey Guys,

I checked the velocitys last night and boy my hand hurts now.
I used my handloads 240gr soft point and compared it to Winchester 240gr soft point.

I used a S+W 629 6inch barrel and a Winchester 94 18inch barrel.

With the S+W 629---hand loaded-average 1281fps
--------------------Winchester -average 1351fps
--------------------Diffrence of 70fps.

With Winchester 94---Handloaded-average 1706fps
---------------------Winchester - average 1792fps
---------------------Diffrence of 86fps.

Just for information and wanted to know my self.

Happy Shooting

Brad
Custom Reloading Service Inc.
 
That's a lot more in line with what someone would expect, from commercially loaded ammunition. My eyes almost popped out of my head, when I saw the original 1500fps, from a 6 inch barrel.
 
So.....anyone have a source for some hot ammo? 18-1900+ out of an 18.5" bbl?

I'm almost out of cor-bons :(

Don't they have H110 at,

Ontario.....far enough N of T.O. that I (almost) can't smell it

???

You could load your own hotter than anything that the companies will actually sell to you. Get some Hornady FTX's and go to town.
 
Back
Top Bottom