Webley barrel interchangeability?

jethunter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
359   0   0
Location
Central AB
Will a MkIV .455 barrel work on a MkI service revolver?
If so, what (if any) modifications are required?
 
Last edited:
I have a MK1 that I test fit an MK VI (??) barrel on, and seems to work well. Haven't tried the cylinder yet as the old one isn't willing to be separated from its barrel :p
 
you will need to grind a relief groove in the recoil shield at the very least to make it work and that might get sketchy with the legality? . It is not an easy swap.
 
you will need to grind a relief groove in the recoil shield at the very least to make it work and that might get sketchy with the legality? . It is not an easy swap.

Antique status wouldn't be affected. It's based on the frame, so new parts are A-ok. I still don't have a clue about interchangeability though.:p
 
It's based on the frame, so new parts are A-ok.

yeah but what about altering the frame? Could I weld in some metal, cut some grooves and add a 1911 slide? What about if I keep 51% of an antique frame and add 49% of a modern fame?
 
yeah but what about altering the frame? Could I weld in some metal, cut some grooves and add a 1911 slide? What about if I keep 51% of an antique frame and add 49% of a modern fame?

What if I have Sig 229 and somehow now graft an antique handgun frame to that, can I now deregister it? Of course not.

I am not aware of any language in FA, regs or case law specific to antique handguns that speaks to this, so unless one has a generalized anxiety disorder and just can't help thinking about these things all night I would not bother worrying about it.
 
don't think anyone was worrying. But the disscussion is very relevant to the OP's question as using a mkvi part requires frame alteration to fit.
 
Back
Top Bottom