MFS .308 Win

scooby_d

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with these rounds in an M-14?

Also has anyone got any thoughts or experience on reloading the cases? Are they brass or steel? Does it matter much?

Cheers
 
Hello there...MFS ammo is all zinc plated steel casings, and therefore non reloadable. I personally have never used their .308, I have used their 5.56 ammo with ok results in my CSA VZ58...I had 4 duds in 400rds. Hope this helps

cheers
 
Better to buy PRVI for 75¢ a case which has amazing brass to reload, or buy Czech Surplus for 52¢ per load and learn to convert them to boxer primed. Both are brass casings, PRVI can be reloaded without any fuss, and after the first shot you save a lot of money reloading.
 
what specifically makes them non reload-able, stress of firing?

Hello there...MFS ammo is all zinc plated steel casings, and therefore non reloadable. I personally have never used their .308, I have used their 5.56 ammo with ok results in my CSA VZ58...I had 4 duds in 400rds. Hope this helps

cheers
 
"...person feels you CAN reload steel..." Pakistan.tv isn't exactly the best place to get info. In any case, steel isn't elastic like brass is. Doesn't go back to factory spec dimensions and it's hard on dies if you do try.
The MFS ammo Frontier is listing is berdan primed too. Not worth the effort. Even if you could find berdan primers.
 
"...person feels you CAN reload steel..." Pakistan.tv isn't exactly the best place to get info. In any case, steel isn't elastic like brass is. Doesn't go back to factory spec dimensions and it's hard on dies if you do try.
The MFS ammo Frontier is listing is berdan primed too. Not worth the effort. Even if you could find berdan primers.

lol pakistan tv

I had a good laugh at that right away when i first opened his link. anyway, my only reason for questioning this, is i feel the cost of .308 (match) is beyond the tipping point where i have to retain something for my money, after the shot. So i decided that though i dont reload now, i will save all my .308 brass in effort to help that hobby along when i do start it. So this led me to looking for cheap 'brass' seems pretty easy to manage the berdan primer and convert it to boxer. But i guess reloading steel really isn't worth the effort.
 
Thanks for the replies fellas. Couple more questions though...

Does anyone know if the steel cases will cause more wear and tear or damage to the bolt or chamber?

Killer - Do you know off hand where someone can get their hands on some PRVI rounds?

Thanks for all the info guys. Think I might still pick up some of that MFS, just might not pick up the cases off the floor.

Cheers
 
Back
Top Bottom