Help me identify, and guess value? (large pics)

kaiweiler

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Location
PEI
I need to find out as much about these two firearms as possible, and estimate their approximate value.
These are the two firearms in question
IMG00333-20101113-1038.jpg


They are two different models, but have many similarities.
Firearm One
IMG00323-20101113-1032.jpg


IMG00324-20101113-1032.jpg


IMG00325-20101113-1032.jpg


IMG00326-20101113-1033.jpg






Firearm Two

IMG00327-20101113-1035.jpg


IMG00328-20101113-1035.jpg


IMG00332-20101113-1038.jpg





Any information as to what approximate age they are, whether or not they are originals, and their approximate value would be extremely helpful!

Thanks, Kai
 
The one with Tower on it is a replica of a british sea service pistol and the other a replica of something. I would put a price of $100 - $150 each on them. A bit puzzling where they are made and my suspicion would be India because of the lack of proof marks.

cheers mooncoon
 
Thanks guys, I had that suspicion, but wanted to confirm just in case they were the real deal.
@mooncoon, thanks! that's definitely it :)
 
The one with Tower on it is a replica of a british sea service pistol and the other a replica of something. I would put a price of $100 - $150 each on them. A bit puzzling where they are made and my suspicion would be India because of the lack of proof marks.

cheers mooncoon
I figured India as soon as i saw the locks !:cool:
I missed looking at the ramrod on the one pistol, didn't realize it wasn't hinged!:redface:
Cat
 
Better check the antique firearms flowchart.

He's right AFAIK... post-1898 flintlock pistols require RPAL and the rest of the red-tape BS that goes with it, however silly that might be. But then again, no one ever accused C-68 to be making sense. Lots of 'em drive-bys with flintlock pistols lately, I tell ya...

:rolleyes:
 
I can't imagine those were made pre-1898, but it would be rare to run into a knowledgeable cop, but they would just tend to want to know why you're carrying un-registered restricted firearms. Sad.
 
Those could be Indian made replicas or early kits from Dixie gun works.
Dixie sold kits that had no proof marks at all. They sometimes had a serial number and caliber stamped in.
You would have to measure the threads on the lock screws - metric if made in Italy.
These guns were made in Spain for a while as well.
Val Forget imported some of these guns during the late 1950s and early 1960s with limited stampings as well. They sold for under $30.00 and I have a dixie catalog from the 60's that shows a kit for around $20.00. Adds in gun magazines from the 1950s show these "indian" replicas for sale at $3.00 to $5.00. (remember $8.00 was wages for a ten hour day then).
 
Back
Top Bottom