who is this guy?

Kieran

Regular
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Who is this mil serp 1970s IVI crazy man?
This guy is printed all over the IVI 7.62 bandoleers from the 70s...
Just wondering if anyone knows where this guy came from or the history of him...
just a random question...

ivi.jpg
 
Who is this mil serp 1970s IVI crazy man?
This guy is printed all over the IVI 7.62 bandoleers from the 70s...
Just wondering if anyone knows where this guy came from or the history of him...
just a random question...

ivi.jpg

Man i never noticed him before and i used a few of those rounds. Were the bandolier still in pack. Cool thing though.:wave:
 
Who is this mil serp 1970s IVI crazy man?
This guy is printed all over the IVI 7.62 bandoleers from the 70s...
Just wondering if anyone knows where this guy came from or the history of him...
just a random question...

ivi.jpg
Since you posted this, it's been really bothering me because somewhere in the past I think I remembered this image vaguely.

I believe I've got it now. In the 1970's there was a Belgian cartoon called Rin Tin Tin. About a boy detective and his faithful dog and a scientist and funny twin friends and a salty sea captain(?) The books always highlighted international adventures to solve the mystery. For good or for bad, in the last few years, it's been attacked in the press as racist in it's drawn images of people of the 3rd World. Opinions differ greatly on this, some PC schools have banned these comic books as a result. IMHO, the comics were not overtly racist and merely demonstrated the First World view Post-WW2. I'm sure there is someone that will hold me to task on this and I wish no bad blood to anyone here.

Anyways, that cartoon work appears to my eyes, to come from this comic book series.
 
Since you posted this, it's been really bothering me because somewhere in the past I think I remembered this image vaguely.

I believe I've got it now. In the 1970's there was a Belgian cartoon called Rin Tin Tin. About a boy detective and his faithful dog and a scientist and funny twin friends and a salty sea captain(?) The books always highlighted international adventures to solve the mystery. For good or for bad, in the last few years, it's been attacked in the press as racist in it's drawn images of people of the 3rd World. Opinions differ greatly on this, some PC schools have banned these comic books as a result. IMHO, the comics were not overtly racist and merely demonstrated the First World view Post-WW2. I'm sure there is someone that will hold me to task on this and I wish no bad blood to anyone here.

Anyways, that cartoon work appears to my eyes, to come from this comic book series.

Rin Tin Tin was a dog. You're thinking of Tin Tin. Captain Haddock was the best!
 
The stamp signifies that this ammo was specially formulated for tropical conditions. The primers and the bullets were sealed with a special sealant to prevent moisture from entering inside the brass and to prevent fungal growth on the ammunition. It was also very slightly underloaded to compensate for the higher tropical temperatures which would cause higher chamber pressures.
 
The stamp signifies that this ammo was specially formulated for tropical conditions. The primers and the bullets were sealed with a special sealant to prevent moisture from entering inside the brass and to prevent fungal growth on the ammunition. It was also very slightly underloaded to compensate for the higher tropical temperatures which would cause higher chamber pressures.
Guess I'm ssssoooo wrong!
 
Rumours are Steven Spielberg is working on a script for a new Tintin movie.


ht tp://www.tintin.com/uk/
 
Tin Tin

More than rumour. Peter Jackson & SS are making 2 or 3 movies with the 1st one almost finished.
Peter (Burlington, Ontario)

Rumours are Steven Spielberg is working on a script for a new Tintin movie.


ht tp://www.tintin.com/uk/
 
tin tin is still read and printed in french I havent seen it in english for years.I guess its ok for the french to read .
 
Back
Top Bottom