Ruger Old Army

Nice pics Erich!!
BC-I think a 45 long Colt would be a blast to shoot..if I find cylinders I will let you know. Are we allowed to get them shipped from the States?
I would be interested in finding out how to load a ROA for mounted shooting..Anyone know?
Thanks again everyone JIm
 
Nice pics Erich!!
BC-I think a 45 long Colt would be a blast to shoot..if I find cylinders I will let you know. Are we allowed to get them shipped from the States?
I would be interested in finding out how to load a ROA for mounted shooting..Anyone know?
Thanks again everyone JIm

It would be a restricted part so with all the permits & fees it would probably cost more than the cost of the gun !
 
Erich--Don't rub it in. The cross border thing is always a pain. I see on some of the tradind and broker sites some pretty nice stuff going quite reasonable. We have stuff here also..just a little harder to find and more expensive
 
Looking For One

I let it drag on far too long with the idea that I would pick one up at a later date. If anyone is selling a stainless or know of anyone, I would appreciate a line.
Thanks in advance!

Found two! Thanks all!
 
Last edited:
R&D Cart. Conv. Ruger Old Army Stainless Steel 45L

This R&D conversion is for the Ruger Old Army. The RDROASC converts your Ruger Old Army Stainless Steel revolver to fire the venerable .45 Colt or .45 Schofield Cowboy cartridges! The cylinder was engineered to have a six shot capacity, and to be able to use it in CAS competition. The RDROASC was examined and approved for SASS use by the Territorial Governors. The RDROASC is to be used with either smokeless Cowboy loads or Black Powder 45 Colt/Schofield ammunition. Please see our large selection of cowboy ammunition. (If, after installation, you are unsure of the fit, please take your revolver to a competent gunsmith or contact R & D Gun Shop to make sure you have the cylinder installed correctly.)

$255.00 in the US
 
Yeah, and you can find them cheaper than that. Jim, last thing I want to do is rub it in - I'm genuinely made more appreciative of my situation when I consider yours.

Just as you ought to be appreciative of all the nifty Nork guns that you can buy that my "free trade" loving government (I think they forgot who works for whom) won't allow me to purchase. :)
 
the other point is that those cylinders are for COWBOY and mild loads- i investigated into getting one shipped here via brownells, and it was ACTUALLY CHEAPER to buy a WHOLE NEW BLACKHAWK from wsl - no doubt a USED would have been cheaper yet
 
BC WhoooooHooooo! My Son just picked up his new stainless Vaquero..nice

Erich What is a Nork Gun?

t-star I looked on the web and it is a hassle getting stuff. I called some suppliers and traders on Sat and found nothing yet.
 
I have a couple .45 Colt conversion cylinders for the ROA, one blue on stainless for anyone after one. Haven't shot them, but be warned they cost me a fortune and I have to pass them along at the same. Still haven't got my old army, doesn't look like I will so not much point in hanging onto em. Keep running circles around my ROA plans by buying other guns, notably SAA's. :redface:
 
BC WhoooooHooooo! My Son just picked up his new stainless Vaquero..nice

Erich What is a Nork Gun?

t-star I looked on the web and it is a hassle getting stuff. I called some suppliers and traders on Sat and found nothing yet.

I thought about a Vaquero in 45 but I like the bigger Black Hawk frame & adj sights. Wish they made a 6.5" but I settled on a 5.5 stainless in 44 mag since I already reload that calibre for a S&W mod 29 & Win mod 94

A Nork guns are cheap Chinese made guns sold by Norinco
They do make some revolvers but thankfully no dealer in Canada is dumb enough to import them :D
 
BC My Son and I were talking about how bad the Norinco guns were so it is funny how now I find out he was right. I never knew they were called Nork guns. He was interested in a 1911 but settled on his 357 Vaquero Nice gun but totaly true on the sights. He was also looking for a lever action 357 for Cowboy shooting..seems the sport is growing fast. There are supposed to be some big events in B.C. so we here
It is nice to reload the same caliber that can be used in several guns..sounds like you have fun!!
 
Hi ruger22
I am told Caroline supplies, Bass Pro, Pro-line in Calgary, Wolverine in Red Deer, Hillfolf musket outside of Lloydminister(Becky is super nice) .457 is the size
 
For any Yanks on the board who might be wondering about where to buy ROA balls (I have no idea whether these folks' shipping to Canada would be prohibitive), the cheapest I've found was from Trophy Outdoors at $8.71/100 Hornady balls (which is just more than half the price I've found them for locally). Just got a shipment from them the day before yesterday, in fact.
 
Back
Top Bottom