.32 Rimfire - pics and a video

mmatt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I took my recently acquired .32 rimfire revolver to the range for a bit of fun. it's supposed to be a double action revolver, but it was modified to a single action by the previous owner. I hope to convert it back to double action as soon as I gain the courage to start taking it apart. :redface:

[youtube]S2vqvOls7JM[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2vqvOls7JM

154262_10150102999660199_509315198_7876198_6627213_n.jpg


155324_10150102999825199_509315198_7876200_7925632_n.jpg


72002_10150103000145199_509315198_7876207_418434_n.jpg


163073_10150103000330199_509315198_7876211_1259133_n.jpg


154855_10150102999425199_509315198_7876197_426425_n.jpg


Antique .32 Rimfire Revolver - $400
Cost per single round of .32 rimfire - $2 (updated as per replies!)
Owning a legal, non-registered handgun in Canada - Priceless! :D
 
Last edited:
Looking good! Does shoot a bit high eh? I guess aim for the silhouettes belt buckle? :p

Unless the previous owner expressly said that the action was altered you might get lucky and find that the double action function is only being hindered by a small worn part or a missing spring or the such. More than a few "single action only" guns are in fact double actions as well that are a little worn or are missing a piece :D
 
Yeah these little pocket guns are a hoot to shoot. I'v got acouple myself.

You'll be very hard pressed to find this ammo for less than 1.75-2$ a round though. The ones your firing are CIL dominion made .32 RF shorts.

Very good quality ammo, clean burning. Usually see those go for 100-120 a box on here.

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the antique gun crowd.
 
I only have 5 boxes of Navy 32 longs left from my original 8 boxes. A hell of a lot of fun but I wish that Navy Arms did another run of 32 ammo, I'll buy at least 500.
 
I only have 5 boxes of Navy 32 longs left from my original 8 boxes. A hell of a lot of fun but I wish that Navy Arms did another run of 32 ammo, I'll buy at least 500.

I hear you on that one, I'v only got navy arms shorts I'm still trying to find some longs.

I talked to them a month ago however, they intend to get another 1-2 million rounds of .32 rf produced in the next couple of years.

Their producer is just currently busy fufilling military/law enforcement orders.
 
i miss it :(

when i shot it , it was maybe 6" hi at 20 yards. but that was with navy arms long ammo.

i dont like to shoot my guns with short ammo. no fun! but i use it to test guns and thats it.


let me know out of the 15 rd's i gave you if you get miss fires. out of the 200 rds i had i would say 20+ of them would missfire.
 
CIL dominion made .32 RF shorts. Very good quality ammo, clean burning ya maybe when it was new!

i had lots of miss fires with that ammo. but never with the new navy arms long ammo that i have

o ya.. Tyockell18 this is your gun i am shooting in the video. i shoot off 50 rd's that day lol.. (last day of hunting so i had to blow off some ammo.)



[youtube]TEx6d1TeSzg[/youtube]
 
I honestly have had really good luck with my CIL shorts, only issue I'v had and me and you touched base on this already is that the cases like to swell and get stuck.

Thanks for the vid, I havent fired her off yet, but looks like shes good to go still.

I have a little snubby holster comming, should make good for in the bush. The engraved one is staying home where its safe and dry.
 
I honestly have had really good luck with my CIL shorts, only issue I'v had and me and you touched base on this already is that the cases like to swell and get stuck.

Thanks for the vid, I havent fired her off yet, but looks like shes good to go still.

I have a little snubby holster comming, should make good for in the bush. The engraved one is staying home where its safe and dry.

you should of told me you wanted a snubby holster , i sold off the ones that came with one of the guns. they where real nice. (i sold them for 10 bucks each lol)
 
I didn't realize that .32 rimfire was so expensive. (I updated the the original post - thanks for the info)

I almost got it back to double action. All I need to do is either find the right spring (unlikely) or make one that will work. It's the one that goes behind the trigger and up against the "thingy" that cocks the hammer as you pull the trigger.

Since the law states that to remain an antique it can't shoot .22 s/l or lr, I think I might get my gunsmith to convert it to .22 mag. I may have to file off the tips to get them to fit, but at least I'll be able to shoot it more often.

ETA - Where did you find the holster Tyockell? I've been looking for one too.
 
.22 mag would be a pretty hot little round for that gun, not sure if the frame would hold without stretching.

Rough iron likes to stretch. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't wanna see anyone get injured is all.

As for the holster, I just bought a used leather one off a fellow CGN member in B.C.


you should of told me you wanted a snubby holster , i sold off the ones that came with one of the guns. they where real nice. (i sold them for 10 bucks each lol)

Damn lol, coulda saved myself 5 bucks.
 
I didn't realize that .32 rimfire was so expensive. (I updated the the original post - thanks for the info)

I almost got it back to double action. All I need to do is either find the right spring (unlikely) or make one that will work. It's the one that goes behind the trigger and up against the "thingy" that cocks the hammer as you pull the trigger.

Since the law states that to remain an antique it can't shoot .22 s/l or lr, I think I might get my gunsmith to convert it to .22 mag. I may have to file off the tips to get them to fit, but at least I'll be able to shoot it more often.

ETA - Where did you find the holster Tyockell? I've been looking for one too.


i am working on makeing one into a .17 mach 2 i think that would be a cool toy! should be done soon, that if i can get my metal lathe back
 
There has been mention of Navy Arms on this thread....does anyone know if that company ever made reproduction Remington cap and ball revolvers or is it a different company????:confused:
 
i picked up some F&W 32rimfire parts maybe ill make "kits" converted cylinders and new barrels for the frames.

Hmm sounds very interesting, would converted cylinders still lock up and time correctly though going from one gun to another.

Also let me know if you ever have a F&W Pat 1877 no. 32 Cylinder Hand you would sell.
 
Back
Top Bottom