Delete

gunsdora

CGN Regular
Rating - 99.4%
357   2   0
Location
North Bay, On.
I have some 223 cal. with some red around the primer. Anyone have any idea whey the red . Thanks for any help.
IMG_0172.jpg
 
Last edited:
Red lacquer to seal the primer from contamination for long term storage and water in the field. Very common for military ball and premium duty ammo that will be carried afield in tough conditions and needs to be reliable.
 
Sealed and crimped in, and a pain in the arse to press out.

Not with a Lee decapper and Dillon super swage. Done about 15K of them over the years, the LC and IVI brass I see everywhere are like gold to me when I find them!

Later this after noon I have about 1200 rds to decap and swage. Won't take too long. Then trimmed on a Guirard case trimmer and ready to load.
 
Back
Top Bottom