12 gauge 3.5" lead shot #2

newfie36

Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Location
grimsby,ont
I have been looking for some 12 gauge 3.5" lead shot #2 for sea ducks and cant seem to find any manufacturer that actually makes this shell. Does anyone know if anyone makes this. If not then what do you think is best steel shot or the tungsten. What is your favourite 3.5 shell for sea ducks?

Thanks
 
Hey buddy..I usually use 3" for sea ducks..but I can see where you are coming from with the 3.5. I know alot of ppl use black cloud ammo..Im pretty sure that its steel shot though. Also I got a box of 3.5 fedral trukey loads the other day..for those long shots. Hope this helps!
 
Hi there fellow newf. Yeah looks like I am going to have to use the steel shot until I start reloading my own. Any luck with the ducks and turrs this year. I am going down in February for 9 day to try my new beretta. Cant wait.
 
I have been looking for some 12 gauge 3.5" lead shot #2 for sea ducks and cant seem to find any manufacturer that actually makes this shell. Does anyone know if anyone makes this. If not then what do you think is best steel shot or the tungsten. What is your favourite 3.5 shell for sea ducks?

Thanks

No one makes it other than turkey loads since we are not allowed to use it anymore at least in cape breton on sea ducks ?? NL should be no different since it is all falls under the fed migratory bird regs?? Is lead allowed still in NL??
Take a look at this
http://www.ec.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=714D9AAE-1&news=61F99020-4FDD-48CD-8044-3E3E8C329F7F
 
No one makes it other than turkey loads since we are not allowed to use it anymore at least in cape breton on sea ducks ?? NL should be no different since it is all falls under the fed migratory bird regs?? Is lead allowed still in NL??
Take a look at this
http://www.ec.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=714D9AAE-1&news=61F99020-4FDD-48CD-8044-3E3E8C329F7F

Thanks for the heads up. I just googled it and your right in Newfoundland no more lead shot for Migratory birds. What do you find is the best 3.5 ammo in steel or tungsten.
 
Thanks for the heads up. I just googled it and your right in Newfoundland no more lead shot for Migratory birds. What do you find is the best 3.5 ammo in steel or tungsten.

No lead for many years so you guys have been lucky. I found any tungsten I shot killed as well as the old lead but very expensive and my fast reloads of steel are also good. I don't buy factory steel shells so cannot help there but I am sure someone that does will help.
The dnr here has a hand held unit they put the shells in to check them. They love me since mine are all reloads and if I have 100 in the box they will check 25 or so. I am not sure if the meter is just a big magnet looking for steel shot or what but it works.
 
Kent Fasteel 3.5 inch 1625 fps 1's, should handle anything short of small aircraft. I'd try them.

I agree with the Kent choice. I have read a few reviews on both cabelas and wholesale and they seem to get good reviews. I would buy the 3.5 inch in #2.
Is there a dealer in southern ontario that I can order and pick them up?
 
I agree with the Kent choice. I have read a few reviews on both cabelas and wholesale and they seem to get good reviews. I would buy the 3.5 inch in #2.
Is there a dealer in southern ontario that I can order and pick them up?

Try G&K archery in Wallaceburg, or call the Kent Canadian offices to find a dealler closer to you!
 
Back
Top Bottom