.223/5.56 Bulk

AJCrowley

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hey all,

I'm sure this is a question that's been hammered to death here, but since the answer changes more or less monthly, I figured it's worth a thread.

I'm looking to buy 500-1000 rounds of .223/5.56, prefer 62 to 75gr. Willing to pay for something that's not total junk and will give me a reasonable level of accuracy, but would still like to save some cash over buying in boxes of 20.

Does anyone know of any dealers who have bulk ammo in stock that would fit the bill?

Thanks in advance!
 
Wolverine supplies has or had some higher end 223 ammo. I thought is was Ruag. I went to their site and I don't see it any more. My Ar likes $35 a box Remington match ammo, so reloading is the only way to go for me.
 
It all depends on where you live. Shipping may be prohibitive. If you're in the GTA, give Bass Pro a call and see what they have in stock, and how much. Same with Le Baron's.

Online, SFRC, The Shooting Edge/Target Sports and Wolverine are known to regularly have enough ammo for bulk orders. Again, shipping may be prohibitive.

62gr+ are niche rounds, unfortunately, and have a higher premium.

Good luck.
 
Wolverine had bulk Federal/AE .223, 62gr FMJ. ~$300 plus shipping for 500 rounds. Haven't bought ammo from them yet, but they were great when it came to shipping for gun parts.
theammosource.com has MFS (steel cased) 62gr stuff for $132 plus shipping for 240.

Sure there's a few other site sponsors and other vendors with them as well. Like Lojak said, 62gr stuff is more of a niche size and isn't as common as 55gr.
 
Hey all,

I'm sure this is a question that's been hammered to death here, but since the answer changes more or less monthly, I figured it's worth a thread.

I'm looking to buy 500-1000 rounds of .223/5.56, prefer 62 to 75gr. Willing to pay for something that's not total junk and will give me a reasonable level of accuracy, but would still like to save some cash over buying in boxes of 20.

Does anyone know of any dealers who have bulk ammo in stock that would fit the bill?

Thanks in advance!

We're doing factory re-loads 1000ct for $439.99. Bullet is 55gr, non-corrosive, boxer primed, brass reloadable.
 
Yeah, I've got reloading gear for .223, but I find it more of a hassle to work with than .308 or handgun rounds. I find the shell holder doesn't always fit the cases (and my emails to Lee customer service have gone unanswered), and for the cost, I was thinking it might be easier to just buy another case.

Anyway, I probably won't be shooting any 556 for another month or so, and have a few hundred rounds of handloads left, so I may hold off on this for a while.

Moreguns is looking best for when the time comes.
 
Canadian Tire in Red deer and some in Calgary has american eagle .223 1000 rnds in a .50 ammo can for $429, best deal i,ve seen in a while. The ammo can is worth $10 alone.
 
Back
Top Bottom