Recommendation for SA cowboy gun

CMichaud

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
Hey guys

Am wanting to buy an antique cartridge gun. Want something I can shoot and something that I can put away for my son when he turns 18 (15 years from now!).

I am thinking Remington 1875 but thought their may be some more knowledgeable folks that can throw some options at me!

I already have a Webley and an 1873 French so looking for something a bit more "western"

Regards and thanks!

Colin
 
I have 4 antique Remington 1875s there about the best SA gun out there for strength and accuracy.
mine are in 45 Schofield and 44 Special/ 44 Russian.
I might part with one this spring.
I like the heft and they sure shoot nice.
I like SAA colts to but to me the remys a much better made gun.
basicly all one hunk of steel in the frame other than one screw holding on the trigger gard.
if you like short barrels like in your webley and 1873 then the shorter 5.5 inch barreled one is the one to get.
 
Look me up when you are thinking of selling Dingus. From what I 've seen of your stuff, it always seems to top shelf. With the two shorter barrels, I am now looking for something a bit longer although a nice 5.5 would probably work.

I am trying to stay out of percussion cap but they also have a certain flare and I wouldn't ouright rule them out.

So far I think it is an 1875 Remington as the leader.
 
Look me up when you are thinking of selling Dingus. From what I 've seen of your stuff, it always seems to top shelf. With the two shorter barrels, I am now looking for something a bit longer although a nice 5.5 would probably work.

I am trying to stay out of percussion cap but they also have a certain flare and I wouldn't ouright rule them out.

So far I think it is an 1875 Remington as the leader.



Will do, and parts are not that big and issiue if you know where to look.
tho Cylinders are hard to find if you take care of your 1875 it wont ever need another cylinder.
all the small internal parts can be got.
 
Back
Top Bottom