Edmonton House Brigade...

Glenfilthie

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I see the black powder geeks at Edmonton House Brigade are putting on a workshop on how to make something called a 'capote'.

Does anybody know what that is?

Also, they usually have a winter camp out, or so I've heard...does anyone know when that is?
 
The course is 250 bucks and I would like to send my wife because she is handy with a needle and thread.

I have seen these coats before, the last fella that had one used antique coins for buttons.

I am slowly getting the black powder bug - the aspect of 'dress up' never appealled to me...typically it seemed like the old farts were doing it. People round here look at buckskinners like they are a few fries short of a happy meal...but the black powder geeks don't seem to care at all.

I am beginning to wonder if they know something I don't? Cripes, if the ###s can dress up in leathers and fetish gear and wave rubber dildoes around...a fella should be able to wear a capote and not get laughed at....
 
The course is 250 bucks and I would like to send my wife because she is handy with a needle and thread.

I have seen these coats before, the last fella that had one used antique coins for buttons.

I am slowly getting the black powder bug - the aspect of 'dress up' never appealled to me...typically it seemed like the old farts were doing it. People round here look at buckskinners like they are a few fries short of a happy meal...but the black powder geeks don't seem to care at all.

I am beginning to wonder if they know something I don't? Cripes, if the ###s can dress up in leathers and fetish gear and wave rubber dildoes around...a fella should be able to wear a capote and not get laughed at....

Old farts??!!:confused:
I was buckskinning in 1977 and I'm only 56 now!!:D
Cat
 
I recently joined the Edmonton House Brigade and have attended a few meetings at Ft edmonton park. a good group of people. I've completed a couple of possibles bags and picked up the needed components from halford hides this past week. My intention is to get "kitted out" with the required gear to participate in the demos that they put on.
 
So Cat over the years you have kept an eye on things.

Do you see the trend increasing?

Often I wonder why Cowboy Action style shooting is not more popular in Canada.
Any comments here?

Stuff like this goes in waves , but the people who are core are a constant denominator. you need a catalyst, and if someone does not step up, it does not get organized.
I remember one fella at our club commenting once that the black powder shooters were ative again, and I simply stated that some of us never stopped being active with BP, we just did not compete anymore!
Once when I dropped in at our rendezvous, I was greeted as a pilgrim by some guy selling a powder horn I wanted , until his father came up and it was like old him week!:p
Local interest is what sparks stuff, at one time or club had a monster trap and skeet following, with members winning provincial, national, and world titles - now, we are simply Sunday shooters it seems except for the odd fella that goes south fpor sporting clays, etc.
For a few years it was silhouete, and small bore, IPSC, etc.

The BP club is not very active except for once a year now, and last year they cancxelled because the major players went Stateside for a rendezvous.
I don't see it getting any bigger up here than it is, simply because some of the orginziers are gone from town - tha should not stop someone from shootng their muzzle loader however - it never stopped myyself nor my son!!:)
Cat
 
Back
Top Bottom