If it's a bolt action, hot water down the bore to neutralise the mercuric oxides. If it's a semi auto, pistol or rifle, strip it down and put all of the parts that the gasses reach into a pan of hot water. Boiling is best but hot tap water in the tub will do fine.
I to had an Inglis 1t series MkII P35 hi power's barrel ruined by lending it to a friend for a surplus shoot. He didn't get a chance to return the pistol for a couple of months as he was at the coast. While down there he picked up some milsurp 9mm at Lever Arms and as he didn't even know corrosive ammunition existed, he didn't clean the bore. It wen from being excellent to fair in two months. Needless to say I was a bit POed. He did pay for a replacement bbl. Not an Inglis though.
The story is off topic and I apologise. I'm not trying to hijack your OP. Just trying to point out how much damage some of this stuff can do when not taken care of properly.
Forget the Windex. It works and one thing it does have going for it, is that it isn't as likely to freeze on an outdoor range during winter. It's the water in the Windex that does the job. The rest of the stuff in the bottle, just makes it smell cleaner. It's the same story with CLP, it is a water based solvent/cleaner. I will admit, it does the job when there isn't lots of water around. It is a bit hard to get it into and out of a gas system though.