Called them up and chatted with them. Buddy said it lock up tight and has "good" rifling. Asked about nipples and he said thet are all in good order less one which has a divot out of it.
THe $1995 pistol was not Canadian marked. It was a different one that was bought by some other guy. Needless to say I paid (alot?) more but I reckon that there can't be many of these left and heh, in 20 years, I'll be able to get back what I paid![]()
Tell your wife to think of it as an investment
Good deal ! nice looking gun.
Give us more details did you ask about the bores condition and how the action works are the nipples good ect ect.
... and you won't even be exagerating. Prices on the worn but working antiques have been shifting upwards fairly dramatically for a while now. Used to be the premium condition guns were the only ones that collectors were willing to pay big $$ for, but price has gone so high on the "collector grade" stuff that's it's driving prices up across the board. That's my theory anyways.![]()
Haha... impulse buying!
I walked into GMK in Thunder Bay on my way through town. Picked up a traditions flintlock, and slowly started getting that twinkle in my eye. I didn't know a single thing about blackpowder, and never thought it would interest me. But I just couldn't put that rifle down. A few hours later when the store closed, I walked out with my new prize.
Unfortunately, reality struck when I looked at my bank account the next morning. It was a sad time for us all when I took it back, showing the scratch'n'lose tickets I bought in desperation to fund it. But one day, it will be mine.
![]()



























