Leatherman Malcolm Vintage scope

johnl

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
GunNutz
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Location
Mom’s basement
Any of you guys have an opinion on this scope? They are made in China:( but for $300 might be worth a gamble. Should look neat on my Win 1885/ 45-70 (if it doesn't sell)
 
I've got a 17" mounted on a Pedersoli 1874 Sharps in 45-70. Looks great and works well. It will not give you the field of view of a modern scope but it's huge help for aging eyes that are having problerms with tang sites. The biggest hassel I had was in getting the proper screws for mounting it. I bought it from Marstar complete with mounts but it came with no mounting screws. The instructions say to use existing screws from the receiver but now they're too short. After 6 months of e-mails and phone calls to Marstar :mad: - who kept saying they were working on it - I threw their mount into my parts bin and ordered a whole new mount from Buffalo Arms complete with screws :D. No more hassle. Have fun.
 
I had one. IMHO the scope is fine but the mounts are garbage. The tube is steel not plastic, and I believe is the only "period style" scope that is nitrogen filled. The mounts are not high enough quality for repeatable and consistent setting, at least as far as accurate target shooting IMHO. For someone who can fabricate their own mounts I think the scope is great though.

I got rid of mine and got an MVA.

That's my $0.02 :)

Chris.
 
Does anyone know where the MVA scopes are made or by whom? Sorry to hijack thread.

Don't mess with me, I have infractions!
 
Back
Top Bottom