New toy arrived from Marstar 72 cal.

DEZ

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well My 72cal Pedersoli Safari just arrived and boy she is nice beautiful fit and finnish my thanks to John at Marster for a smooth deal will post some more pics after I give her a test at the range. Cast 50 .715 ball's tonight ,I'm interested to see how well it will regulate its supposed to be regulated for 50meters. Have a look see what you think
P1210031.jpg

P1210034.jpg

P1210032.jpg
 
From the pic is sure looks like shallow rifling, sure look fwd to a picture of the groups you get. If it prints same poi and small groups, I may have to get me one.
 
Silly question, but... do they make this in flintlock, by any chance?

:confused:

Not that I know of sorry
Vega the rifling is fairly shallow but the twist is slow 1in72 so patched ball only I doubt conicles would stabalize that well.
 
Rb's would be perfect for me. Lots of weight in a ball that big. You will be able to take on anything in NA if it shoots good. Dandy looking weapon.
 
Well shot it today
regulation is not good you need to use both rear sights but each individual barrel grouped very nice but I could not get them to regulate with one sight they were a foot apart. But I guess that's why its a $1300. dollar gun not $8000 and up but with some tinkering it should do well its fun to shoot recoil is not too bad less than A 300 mag. I quite like it. Also the balls I was shooting were a bit light as I didn't have pure lead in the pot when I cast them they may regulate closer with pure lead and perhaps FG instead of FFG they suggest FG in larger bores the regulation troubles may be me as much as the gun.
 
Last edited:
Good chance of that Dez, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Pure lead and the right patch, plus messing with the load might well tighten things up. Good luck.
 
Good chance of that Dez, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Pure lead and the right patch, plus messing with the load might well tighten things up. Good luck.

I have a feeling I'm going to need it but it was blowing snow and wasn't the nicest for tinkering the seperate barrels shot very nice groups I read one fella had great luck with mini's 725gr minnis got his to group within 2 inches but had no luck with bround balls so were to get a giant minni mould? Oh and at 75yrds I did kill one old empty 20 gal. propane tank that was fun it went flying
 
If the barrels are shooting on the same horizontal level, you can somewhat change the amount of dispersal by slightly increasing or decreasing the velocity, i.e. the charge of powder. I forget which way you go (more velocity or less) to bring the points of impact closer or further together. You also have to know whether or not the barrels are crossing (right shoots to the left, left shoots to the right) to decide what adjustment to make. You'll be doing a lot of experimenting, which of course is half the fun.

If the barrels are dispersing vertically, then I think you're pretty well screwed.:(

Two websites to visit for lots of good information would be Accurate Reloading and Nitro Express. Both have double rifle subforums worth checking.

Good luck. That thing looks like fun.

John
 
The right barrel shoots high left and the left shoots low right they appear to be crossing too early
 
Well had it out again today and much better I still had to use both back sights but got them to group within a five inch black bull at 100yrds I used a shot gun card wad over the powder 110gr2f will try 1f some time for fun but got good result it shot better at 100 than 50 go figure.
 
If they are crossing you have to increase the recoil to uncross the barrels Fg will not help probably make it worse as Fg is not as dense therefore less pressure and less recoil. You need those barrels to be kicking outwards to there respective sides before ball has a chance to leave the riflebore.
 
Last edited:
If they are crossing you have to increase the recoil to uncross the barrels Fg will not help probably make it worse as Fg is not as dense therefore less pressure and less recoil. You need those barrels to be kicking outwards to there respective sides before ball has a chance to leave the riflebore.

Thanks very much will try when I get a chance
 
Back
Top Bottom