.455 Webley ammo in stock

Never thought I would see the light. Just more reason for me to pick up an antique Webley more now than ever!
 
The paper work came through and I picked up my Webley Mark VI yesterday.

455WebleyMarkVI.jpg


Picked up a 'quantity' of 455 Hornady brass from Henry Nierychlo on site, 'some' 260gr HB bullets from a buddy, cranked out a couple of boxes of reloads and test day is set for the 28th:).
 
You sure? Damm! So my mkii target wont take it? I have a mkiii antique that is nitro proofed and trimmed for .45 acp. Would that one take it?

I wouldn't use it. Not sure if the hammer would hit the round on the right spot but reloading is so easy. The load is too hot anyway as I said.
 
You sure? Damm! So my mkii target wont take it? I have a mkiii antique that is nitro proofed and trimmed for .45 acp. Would that one take it?

Light .45 ACP relaods are definitely the way to go for that..:D...even I (a really amateur reloader) have managed to make a few of those ! :cheers:

I wouldn't use it. Not sure if the hammer would hit the round on the right spot but reloading is so easy. The load is too hot anyway as I said.

The .45ACP is a very forgiving cartridge to work with....:yingyang:...just beware of loading too hot ! :eek:
 
The paper work came through and I picked up my Webley Mark VI yesterday.

455WebleyMarkVI.jpg


Picked up a 'quantity' of 455 Hornady brass from Henry Nierychlo on site, 'some' 260gr HB bullets from a buddy, cranked out a couple of boxes of reloads and test day is set for the 28th:).

The test 'schedualed' for this morning has been put on hold. I'm waiting for an Skype Birthday call from my 3 1/2 year old Granddaughter:D, plus, some 'wet coast' liquid sunshine coming down at the moment.
 
The test 'schedualed' for this morning has been put on hold. I'm waiting for an Skype Birthday call from my 3 1/2 year old Granddaughter:D, plus, some 'wet coast' liquid sunshine coming down at the moment.

Well:)I took the three latest acquisitions out to the range this afternoon, one of which was the Mark VI Webley with two batches of handloads using the 260gr HB bullet.

455WebleyMarkVI.jpg


Little chilly to do any serious shooting but I wanted to make sure they'd at least go Bang:p. The first of the two loads I used was based on info from the old 1st Edition of Lymans Cast Bullet Handbook using Unique. The other load with the same bullet, I tried a load I 'came up with' using Trail Boss. This was more or less the first kick at the cat and the loads with Unique grouped noticeably better. I'll 'play' more with loads once the weather warms up, but it did go bang:p.

The second of the three I tried out today was a S&W 4506 using some 230gr RNFP factory reloads I picked up from Henry Nierychlo on site. It also went Bang, shot and functioned well.

IMG_1169.jpg


And the last of the three was the Ruger SP 101 using some Winchester HP ammo, and it went Bang as well:p. Come on warm weather.

IMG_1168.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom