12 ga. ammo prices at Estevan CT

kjohn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
177   0   0
Location
SE Sask.
I noticed the other day that both Winchester and Federal 100 packs are the same price - $29+. Federal price has been lowered to match the Winchester. Wobble Mart still has their Federal higher. Winchester is about $1 cheaper at Wobble Mart. Go figure.
 
I noticed the other day that both Winchester and Federal 100 packs are the same price - $29+. Federal price has been lowered to match the Winchester. Wobble Mart still has their Federal higher. Winchester is about $1 cheaper at Wobble Mart. Go figure.

Why would you buy the 100 pk Ammo when you can buy flats of 250 cheaper?
 
Wonderful idea, but..... I can't recall ever seeing the proverbial "flat" anywhere in Saskatchewan in the past 45 years or so. I think maybe Wholesale might have them now, but I don't know.

Rest assured, even though I may come across as being rather dumb, I would be buying the marvelous "flats" if they existed around here.:p

Sometimes, our Co-op farm stores have good sales on ammo. I bought a bunch of Winchester Super Target this summer @ $5.97 per 25. I also bought a bunch of Winchester 30-30 for $13 a box this fall.
 
Now, now, don't be nasty. I guess I'm trying to get the point across that not all of us have the choice or opportunity to go to the big sporting goods stores around the corner and buy the marvelous friggin' flats that we all hear about.

If I want to go to Walmart or Canadian Tire and buy ammo, then I will. As I said before, I don't recall seeing "flats" of shotgun ammo anywhere in the last 45 years. I guess that makes me kind of a second class shooter. I use this ammo for shooting gophers and the odd session shooting at clay pigeons out in a field somewhere, someplace I don't have to worry about any high class shooters looking down their nose at me. Heaven forbid that I blast off some good old Co-op ammo......:redface:
 
Last edited:
Now, now, don't be nasty. I guess I'm trying to get the point across that not all of us have the choice or opportunity to go to the big sporting goods stores around the corner and buy the marvelous friggin' flats that we all hear about.

If I want to go to Walmart or Canadian Tire and buy ammo, then I will. As I said before, I don't recall seeing "flats" of shotgun ammo anywhere in the last 45 years. I guess that makes me kind of a second class shooter. I use this ammo for shooting gophers and the odd session shooting at clay pidgeons out in a field somewhere, someplace I don't have to worry about any high class shooters looking down their nose at me. Heaven forbid that I blast off some good old Co-op ammo......:redface:

Blast off anything you can. I just thought there might be better options out there for you.
 
Well, it looks like the "flats" I bought at the Co-op were $59.70. On a bit of an aside, I noticed that our Co-op has steel "on sale" at $19+ a box. Whew! Considering we used to buy Imperial Special Long Range at the old hardware for around $3 or less, that is quite a jump. But, back then, I was making the ridiculous wage of $.65 an hour!!:p
 
The reason I made the original post was not to encourage people to buy ammo at CT, but to point out that the prices were the same. I noticed the prices were the same at CT in Prince Albert, but not at any other CT's that I have been in. Now Estevan's are the same. Whatever.....:)
 
Back
Top Bottom