I call BS on some of this "non-corrosive" 7.62x39 being exactly that

Mr. Spectacular

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Location
Calgary
I shot some "non-corrosive" 7.62x39 Norinco ammo (date unknown) out of my SKS this weekend and let it sit until today.

Just going through it, I call total BS on it being "non-corrosive". The pitting on the piston was EXACTLY like it is when I shoot corrosive ammo out of it and let it sit.

I'm not sure if that's conclusive enough evidence, but I certainly have questions.
 
i have a bunch of norinco ammo in the " silver " boxes labeled noncorrosive ......

it was the last ammo i fired through the rifle , the rifle got put away and didn't get cleaned for several years ( life , moving and other stuff ) .

no pitting , no damage , just dirty .
 
Corrosive usually refers to the priming compound. However, it seems some combloc non-corrosive ammo seem to have a residual acidity in the powder. My pet theory is the lacquered cases were tolerant to greater residual acidity, so the QC didn't need to be as strict.
 
Corrosive usually refers to the priming compound. However, it seems some combloc non-corrosive ammo seem to have a residual acidity in the powder. My pet theory is the lacquered cases were tolerant to greater residual acidity, so the QC didn't need to be as strict.

This stuff was bought from a smaller dealer. It came in silver boxes and the cases are a deep brown as opposed to silver.

It's really not that big of a deal. I just thought it was an interesting observation.
 
Please post pic's of the primer's on the case's.
This is because there was a small batch of Norinco that came in Sardin Can's that were corrosive. Canada Ammo would be the go to guy for the 100% anwser when it comes to these types of issue's.
 
Imagine that. The Chinese mis-representing a product.

After all the incidents with various Chinese products over the last few years it would be naive to think otherwise.
 
If it's military type ammo I alway's assume it's corrosive and clean it like it is with my WW II GI bore cleaner.
I'm gonna clean it anyway so why take the chance?
 
Uh, lead in children's toys, melamine in milk and candies and illegal gun sales to America didn't seem to bother the Chinese too much. Do you think they give a s**t that their ammo is corroding your rifle?
 
Uh, lead in children's toys, melamine in milk and candies and illegal gun sales to America didn't seem to bother the Chinese too much. Do you think they give a s**t that their ammo is corroding your rifle?

You think, I was thinking the same thing. Like the Chinese care, don't forget about the cadmium in jewelry.
 
Back
Top Bottom