Martini Henry forstocks and hardware

tula

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I was just given a nice 1884 MKIII Martini Henry yesterday that had the forstock cut back and the first barral band removed, other then that its untouched and ready to restore ...what im wondering is there anyone who carrys spare parts or wood for Martini Henrys or is there anyone who makes repro stocks? and would an old nelpenese forstock and band work?
 
Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is IMA in the good'ole US of A. Luckily, they ship to Canada and happen to have plenty of Martini-Henry stuff for sale. Good luck with your new project!

;)
 
If you have a decent Martini Henry, in good condition other than the cut off forestock, then I don't believe that you would want any of the "stuff" from IMA. I replaced one on a Mk.1 a couple years ago that was a repro purchased from an outfit in Australia. It fit and when it was sanded and finished it matched my rifle closely. I will try to find the bill in my books and then PM you with the contact info. I have seen the struggles that guys have gone through with the IMA items and, my opinion is, it may not be a very good option. You may get lucky but? Dave
 
If you have a decent Martini Henry, in good condition other than the cut off forestock, then I don't believe that you would want any of the "stuff" from IMA. I replaced one on a Mk.1 a couple years ago that was a repro purchased from an outfit in Australia. It fit and when it was sanded and finished it matched my rifle closely. I will try to find the bill in my books and then PM you with the contact info. I have seen the struggles that guys have gone through with the IMA items and, my opinion is, it may not be a very good option. You may get lucky but? Dave

I believe they also sell a new (aftermarket) stock for Martini-Henrys.

http://www.ima-usa.com/martini-henry-replacement-wood-stock-set-mki-mkii.html

;)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom