Re-nickle my antique where???

that's a class A restoration,you left the trigger and hammer in the original finish,you don't see that much on a refinished gun, a well done job won't drop value that much,aux contraire when you have the right buyer the gun can go for more than when it was in poor original condition,cabelas has many refinished guns on there auction site and prices are not exactly low
here is one of my refinished colts ,a 1906 ,in .45
1000282.jpg

I love that type of engraveing with them grips this gun is a true beauty.
I have a few Remington 1875s id like to get renickled.
My most recent gun was a Blued 1875 and the blued ones are very rare most were nickled.
I want one of each.
Now who in Canada Does good proper blueing ???
 
I have forgotten the name, but I had a Japanese flare pistol replated in Victoria. I removed the original plating myself before shipping it to them. Check the Victoria phone book for plating companies. You may run into problems because the plating increases the thickness of the parts so that if you have a snug cylinder pin and have that plated, you may have to abraid t he plating away to get it in the cylinder again

cheers mooncoon
 
Thats Fricken Nice Work.
I need a couple of my keeper remy 1875s done like that.
How is the barrel top Address is it still readable ?
Im for sure gona get some of my guns redone after seeing this.
Looks great! :)

The barrel address is all there. He took great care in not bead blasting it away and/ or polishing it out.
 
I have forgotten the name, but I had a Japanese flare pistol replated in Victoria. I removed the original plating myself before shipping it to them. Check the Victoria phone book for plating companies. You may run into problems because the plating increases the thickness of the parts so that if you have a snug cylinder pin and have that plated, you may have to abraid t he plating away to get it in the cylinder again

cheers mooncoon

This is very true as my gunsmith had to polish parts to get them to fit, as the tolerances on my gun were very tight to start with. so after plating they did not fit. But Rusty Woods Trading did a fantastic job putting it all back together for me.
 
Makes me curious about the cost of doing it. I've got a couple toys that would be very nice renickled....

Well cost of stripping it and plating was $400, keep in mind I gave him two barrels. So not to bad, considering most places in the states want $250 plus $80 to strip ( not including the cost of the second barrel), plus theres the hassel of shipping to the states.

Pacific plating had it back to me also in 4 days, so you can't beat that.

There were additional costs for the gunsmith to get it all back together, something I was not prepared to do myself. That cost would vary depending on the gun.
 
that's a class A restoration,you left the trigger and hammer in the original finish,you don't see that much on a refinished gun, a well done job won't drop value that much,aux contraire when you have the right buyer the gun can go for more than when it was in poor original condition,cabelas has many refinished guns on there auction site and prices are not exactly low
here is one of my refinished colts ,a 1906 ,in .45
1000282.jpg

That is one beautiful 6 shooter Bob, WOW
 
Looks nice, but is it an optical illusion or did the edges of the sideplate get a bit beveled? On the before picture the edges are flat and tight.
 
Looks nice, but is it an optical illusion or did the edges of the sideplate get a bit beveled? On the before picture the edges are flat and tight.

That Happens on most replateing from polishing to get any gun to look good they cant have even a hairline scratch so really need to polish the crap outa it.
My gun is a remy 1875 im sending them and it dont got no side plate so im not worried about that.
You must expect some polishing or the gun will look like crap.
Or send the gun to S&W to be done but thats expensive.


Them S&W side plates have very tight exact fits.
 
The gunsmith told me he had to polish alot to get everything to fit again.

The plating was also done with a low luster finish with a high luster over top.
This was recommended to me for the best corrosion protection, by Pacific plating.


That Happens on most replateing from polishing to get any gun to look good they cant have even a hairline scratch so really need to polish the crap outa it.
My gun is a remy 1875 im sending them and it dont got no side plate so im not worried about that.
You must expect some polishing or the gun will look like crap.
Or send the gun to S&W to be done but thats expensive.


Them S&W side plates have very tight exact fits.
 
Well cost of stripping it and plating was $400, keep in mind I gave him two barrels. So not to bad, considering most places in the states want $250 plus $80 to strip ( not including the cost of the second barrel), plus theres the hassel of shipping to the states.

Pacific plating had it back to me also in 4 days, so you can't beat that.

There were additional costs for the gunsmith to get it all back together, something I was not prepared to do myself. That cost would vary depending on the gun.

More than reasonable price wise, although I doubt I'd get my cheaper guns done that way.
 
Post a pic of it when it comes back.

I just got it back just now its the 10 inch saa Colt buntline barrel i will take some pics once i get it back on the gun.
The colour is a perfect match it really does make the gun look way better.

I will be getting one keeper Remy 1875 done by them. I learned alot by getting this barrel done frist.
 
Back
Top Bottom