Speer Gold Dot 9mm GDHP SOC ?? pics

Bobbyv8

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
76   0   1
Location
Ontario
Anyone familiar with this round? whats SOC ??

IMG-20110211-00006-1.jpg
 
Special Operations Command!! I should put these on the EE for $5 a round :)

Thanks for the info, got them for a good price I think..$29 for a box
 
$29 bucks for a box of 9mm.:runaway::runaway:

UNbelievable!!

I'm gonna google that stuff and see what makes it so special.

Back in a second................

CS45
 
Dude, what's unbelievable about that? That's $29 for a box of 50.

I've seen premium 9mm ammo go for close to a buck a round (those retarded 20rd boxes). Black Talons, anything with "LE" on the box, and prices double.
 
Hell its over $20 for plain old FMJ here.

I just come in from an hour of reloading 9mm because its so damn expensive now.
 
Speer Gold Dot Dive Ammunition better know as SOC which stands for Special Operations Cartridge. Designed to operate in enviorments where other loads can never go. Deep in the water and up to 90 Mins. here are the specs on this unique round. Projectile: 124 gr Gold Dot Hollow Point electrochemically bonded hollow point bullet. Primer: CCI #529 utilizing lead styphnate priming mixture. Primer Sealant: Proprietary. Fluorescent under ultraviolet light. Shellcase: CDA 260 brass. Unpassivated to assure sealing. Mouth Sealant: Special mouth sealant to prevent water intrusion. Velocity: 1150± 50 fps from a standard 4” SAAMI barrel. Expect 950 fps from an MP5SD. This is well below the speed of sound. Pressure: Not to exceed SAAMI pressure specification, Maximum Average Pressure below 35,000 psi. Accuracy: Average of five, five shot consecutive groups not to exceed three inches at 25 yards. Performance Every round is inspected to ensure the quality standards of Law Characteristics: Enforcement customers. A special propellant powder is selected to minimize muzzle flash and residue. Passes waterproof test DOD-STD- 1468, pressurized for 30 min to 25 psi. Additional testing to double pressure, three times duration, 50 psi / 115 ft submersion for 90 min.

According to my quick research this stuff is also called Gold Dot Dive and is designed for the HK MP5SD in mind.

CS45

Guess I'm spoiled. Here in Florida I can get 9mm JHP for $9.95 a box of 50. And that's at Walmart.
 
Speer Gold Dot Dive Ammunition better know as SOC which stands for Special Operations Cartridge. Designed to operate in enviorments where other loads can never go. Deep in the water and up to 90 Mins. here are the specs on this unique round. Projectile: 124 gr Gold Dot Hollow Point electrochemically bonded hollow point bullet. Primer: CCI #529 utilizing lead styphnate priming mixture. Primer Sealant: Proprietary. Fluorescent under ultraviolet light. Shellcase: CDA 260 brass. Unpassivated to assure sealing. Mouth Sealant: Special mouth sealant to prevent water intrusion. Velocity: 1150± 50 fps from a standard 4” SAAMI barrel. Expect 950 fps from an MP5SD. This is well below the speed of sound. Pressure: Not to exceed SAAMI pressure specification, Maximum Average Pressure below 35,000 psi. Accuracy: Average of five, five shot consecutive groups not to exceed three inches at 25 yards. Performance Every round is inspected to ensure the quality standards of Law Characteristics: Enforcement customers. A special propellant powder is selected to minimize muzzle flash and residue. Passes waterproof test DOD-STD- 1468, pressurized for 30 min to 25 psi. Additional testing to double pressure, three times duration, 50 psi / 115 ft submersion for 90 min.

According to my quick research this stuff is also called Gold Dot Dive and is designed for the HK MP5SD in mind.

CS45

Guess I'm spoiled. Here in Florida I can get 9mm JHP for $9.95 a box of 50. And that's at Walmart.

All I need now is a HK MP5SD and im good to go!
 
I keep all my ready mags loaded with Speer Golddot both in .40cal and 9mm. It's the most accurate of the JHP's I have used in my guns and is standard issue to the VPD. Golddot in .40 can be found around Vancouver, but not 9mm
 
Back
Top Bottom