cil dominion ammunition

severn don

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
ontario
Hi all. I have been spending days on the net with no luck. I have 7 boxs of 20 of cil dominion .32 170 grain ammunition for my model 8. I inherated this rifle.I know the rounds and rifle are rare. I would like to fire some off. But i have no idea of the value of ether. This would dictate how often i would. Could any body please help me with this. Thank you to all Don
 
One thing for sure is the brass used in those dominion cases is some of the best ever made for reloading. I have hundreds of 30-06 and some 6.5x55 Dominion cases and they very seldom need to be reannealed. Even after several loadings.

Get some dies and a cheap hand vice and take 3 boxes of the ammunition to shoot. Put the rest away. If you only want to shoot a couple of rounds, then just shoot a couple and put the cartridges away. One thing that does happen is excessively sized necks, even unused commercial loads, may end up with neck splits. Milspec brass is more prone to this but recently I've noticed more and more of the older commercial stuff is having the same issue.
 
One thing for sure is the brass used in those dominion cases is some of the best ever made for reloading. I have hundreds of 30-06 and some 6.5x55 Dominion cases and they very seldom need to be reannealed. Even after several loadings.

Get some dies and a cheap hand vice and take 3 boxes of the ammunition to shoot. Put the rest away. If you only want to shoot a couple of rounds, then just shoot a couple and put the cartridges away. One thing that does happen is excessively sized necks, even unused commercial loads, may end up with neck splits. Milspec brass is more prone to this but recently I've noticed more and more of the older commercial stuff is having the same issue.

Thanks bearhunter Theres not much info out there. Im glad for guys like you helping me out.
 
CIL 'Dominion' brand ammo is collector stuff these days. CIL got out of the ammo business in the late 60's. Sealed, full boxes, bring more money than part boxes. Joe Salter, a high end antique dealer, wants $75 US for a part box of Remington .32 Rem. So you may want to re-think shooting your CIL ammo.
Epp's isn't listing any, but that'd be the place to start for shooting ammo.
 
Thanks sunray, yes i will rethink this now. I have 7 boxs two diffrent vintages. I think i still will bang off some. just to see this rifle in action.
 
Back
Top Bottom