How to ship Ammo

I shipped ammo by Canada Post many times before i found out that they were not OK with it. It arrived without problems every time...
 
I'm in the process of getting some ammunition shipped from Ontario and checked DHL after doing some research; I got the same response that Caje got. So I tracked down the proper number and asked some questions about it (the fella from Transport Canada was VERY helpful.) He told me to get the shipper to print off the form at the bottom of this page...

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/tdg/publications-cladvisory-advol2enew-277.htm

I was told they could be claimed as "limited quantity" and the shipper has to write that on the package. It was also mentioned that the form might not be needed, but it would be a good idea to have it filled out just incase. And, yes, a $30 haz mat fee applies.
 
When shipping by canpar or any other company that DOES ship ammo, do you have to mention that it is ammunition, or if it is a small quantity does it not matter? And with no hazmat fee the shipping charges would be the same as a normal parcel?
 
When shipping by canpar or any other company that DOES ship ammo, do you have to mention that it is ammunition, or if it is a small quantity does it not matter? And with no hazmat fee the shipping charges would be the same as a normal parcel?

I called Canpar and ask on shipping 2 box's of pistol ammo . She told me it was OK & NOT to mark the package with what is inside
 
Back
Top Bottom