Can you help identify this rifle please?

SpoonMan

Regular
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I got this antique from a neighbor a couple of weeks ago. The man is 86 years old and he told me that he had this rifle for 40 years and hes father had it before him but thats all the info I have.

Im into modern black rifles and pistols, so I have no clue about the identification of this and the value if there is any value to this.

the only thing that i can hardly read is "E. BON 1"

Thanks for any help
SM
0224011257.jpg

0224011257a.jpg

0224011257b.jpg

0224011258.jpg

0224011258a.jpg

0224011258b.jpg

0224011258c.jpg

0224011259a.jpg

0224011259b.jpg
 
That would be E BOND. Edward Bond, British maker. Looks like a typical mid grade British shotgun of the mid 19th century. Its seen use, wear tear, repairs (rib), alteration (dished cheek of stock). Might sell for $150 - $200.
 
Back
Top Bottom