Any source checking the manufacture year of Colt 1892?

davidsbyang

Regular
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I am thinking of buying one of .41 DA from Gunbroker, but want to make sure the manufacture year to cross the border as antique. Is it just the serial number on the bottom of the grip frame that we should check the antique status, or all the parts must be pre-1898?
 
Any source to check the serial number for the manufacturing year?
I may be wrong but I think .41 is the antique caliber?
Any chance the modern looking Colt 1892 get stuck at Customs either Canadian or the States side? What document I need to submit to Customs to get it released in case it gets stuck there. Should I expect those "Smart" a$$ in Customs go online or library to check the serial number and recognize it's an antique by themselves and release it to me some day?
 
Contact the Cody Museum. They'll do research for a fee.
The .41 Colt was loaded well into the 20th Century. Colt made the SAA well into the last century too. They made their New Model Army and Navy until 1904. So you'll need documentation proving the revolver was made prior to 1898 for our side.
 
Hate to say it, but if you can get the techs to pick up the phone or reply you'll be my hero. I've been hounding them for several weeks with no luck.

If the colt is pre-1898 serial according to proof house they'll let it through.
 
Back
Top Bottom