I'm interested in getting a Pedersoli percussion cap pistol. Probably a Kentucky - they just 'look right' to me. Unfortunately, I know nothing about black powder (although I do have reloading experience with smokeless). I'm not too concerned with keeping things authentic, so I'm trying to use whatever maximizes shooting time and minimizes loading/cleaning time.
There's loads of info here about ML rifles, and BP revolvers, but I can't find a lot on the percussion pistols. Hopefully someone withe some experience could help.
1. Are rifle "bullets" and pistol bullets interchangeable? For example, Hornady has plenty of .50 flex-tip bullets and .50(44) sabots, but they're all decribed as rifle bullets - any reason they would not work in a pistol?
2. Would a pistol have the same 'charge' as a rifle using the same calibre and weight of bullet?
3. Do pyrodex or blackhorn 209 reduce fouling at all, or are they just more convenient.
Thanks!
There's loads of info here about ML rifles, and BP revolvers, but I can't find a lot on the percussion pistols. Hopefully someone withe some experience could help.
1. Are rifle "bullets" and pistol bullets interchangeable? For example, Hornady has plenty of .50 flex-tip bullets and .50(44) sabots, but they're all decribed as rifle bullets - any reason they would not work in a pistol?
2. Would a pistol have the same 'charge' as a rifle using the same calibre and weight of bullet?
3. Do pyrodex or blackhorn 209 reduce fouling at all, or are they just more convenient.
Thanks!


















































