A couple new finds.

oldiron

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Location
central Alberta
This is a Whitney Navy that's martially marked. And a Dragoon size Allen & Thurber. The pepper-box had 5 out of 6 cyls. still loaded.
The Whitney has initials carved inside the grips. Both guns work well. Both .36 cal.
whitney2.jpg
.
 
This is a Whitney Navy that's martially marked. And a Dragoon size Allen & Thurber. The pepper-box had 5 out of 6 cyls. still loaded.
The Whitney has initials carved inside the grips. Both guns work well. Both .36 cal.
whitney2.jpg
.

That is quite a pair!!!! Indeed a set worthy of a boxed set.

...dare I imagine the bores are bored to the same diameter.

Excellent finds and worthy arms both....HUZZAH!!!!
 
I just recently passed on a similar pepperbox. It was in a ziplock bag full of pieces and I couldn't tell if it was all there. Either way I don't think you did too bad at 950.
 
Back
Top Bottom