Winchester 1866

Don't touch it.
Could be worth a lot of money and you could devalue it by touching it in any way.
Pictures!!!!!!!!
 
DO NOT POLISH IT AT ALL!!! Many old winchesters are severely devalued by well meaning people trying to " make it look a little better". Unless you are an expert it's best to leave it alone.
 
Please, I beg of you, DO NOT POLISH THE RECEIVER or any brass on any old rifle. Collectors look for and desire that antique mustard colored tarnish on old brass parts on old guns. If you polish it, you've just polished off a lot of $$$ in value.
 
Thanks every one for your input. I will definetly not polish the brass or anything else for that matter. It's in fair to good condition I would think but that's my guess . I will try to post some pictures over the weekend
 
I'd love to see those photos. There are not too many of those '66s floating around nowadays and it is always a treat to see one.
 
As the folks have said, do not polish it, however careful cleaning to maintain its current condition is an excellent idea. How about some tips for the original poster to guide him in this respect?

My tip: use conservator's wax or something similar for cleaning and to maintain the gun's current appearance.
 
Back
Top Bottom