Winchester 1866

Don't touch it!!!!! If you do, you will not only devalue a very rare gun but you will be lynched by most members here. God help you if they ever figure out where you live..... ;)
 
Hey Tinman, how many guys have pm'ed you asking how much you want for it? A word of caution, be weary, lots of the wheeler dealers, so called professional flippers etc. Hate to see a guy getting ripped off. Nice gun BTW.
 
that" colour " is called a PATINA, and it helps establish the age of the piece-basically, do anything to disturb it, and like others have said destroy the value
 
Hey Tinman, how many guys have pm'ed you asking how much you want for it? A word of caution, be weary, lots of the wheeler dealers, so called professional flippers etc. Hate to see a guy getting ripped off. Nice gun BTW.

No one asking how much I want for it but a few have offered to buy it . I was told not to let it go for less than $5000.00 but I have no plans on selling it.
 
is there a story behind how you came about this gun or the history of the gun? would love to here it

Not much of a story behind it . I was clearing out a friends garage which her Ex had full of crap . It took 6 truck loads to clear it out .I scored a few Nascar souvenirs, PLayBoy mags nothing of value until I laid my eyes on this rifle.

I found a letter from Winchester in the rear stock that was dated 1964 . The sender asked about the rear site on the rifle,(same site used on the 1873) when it was made , and the value of the gun. The letter stated the rifle was shipped to a store in 1889 but has no record of the store or who purchased it. Winchester stated they would not give a value of the rifle.
I plan to frame that letter just for the halibut!!!
 
If you use Broker as a reference, bear in mind that is the US market, and ensure you compare it to prices realized in completed auctions. Not what people were asking.

Cheers,
Matt
 
Back
Top Bottom