Black Powder Rifle identification

Mac_63

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
401   0   1
Location
Nova Scotia
I just aquired a Black Powder rifle, the barrel is marked Kentuckian on the top surface. Make in Italy on the side and 50 cal on the other. The paper work that came with the gun, ie: reqistration card, the old plastic type,,,indicates the manufacture as Pedersoli and model being a kentucky Deluxe Rifle.
But Pedersoli is not marked on the gun. Can anyone shed any light ?

IMG_2261.jpg
 
I just aquired a Black Powder rifle, the barrel is marked Kentuckian on the top surface. Make in Italy on the side and 50 cal on the other. The paper work that came with the gun, ie: reqistration card, the old plastic type,,,indicates the manufacture as Pedersoli and model being a kentucky Deluxe Rifle.
But Pedersoli is not marked on the gun. Can anyone shed any light ?

IMG_2261.jpg
That rifle was made by Uberti as well as pedersoli , but I have only seen the Ubertis - I have one in my basement as we speak.
Cat
 
The "AC" stamp on the right - Armi Chiappa (also known as Armi Sport). The "AN" in a square on the left means it was made in 1985. Looks like it's in really nice shape. Marstar still sells these.
 
Yo Mac 63:
I have one as well, but with the traditional cap box rather than a patchbox. 45 cal and 36" barrel. Marked "Kentuckian" on the top barrel flat and on the adjacent right side flat marked " Euroarms of America - Winchester VA". On the same flat and directly beside the rear sight is stamped in very small script "Made in Italy". On the left side top diagonal flat are stamped marks same as on your gun and as correctly identified by "A. Rimfire", in his reply above (mine is stamped AC inside the square for 1977). I can add that the NP with star above it is the approval from the Italian National Proof House - "Banco Nazionale di Prova".
Interestingly, I also have a flint Pedersoli of similar vintage (stamped AB for 1976 inside the square), NP and star but clearly stamped "Pedersoli". No AC inside an oval.

Also, an interesting coincidence is that the patchbox on my Pedersoli flinter is identical to the patchbox on your Deluxe Kentuckian and maybe that is the reason for thinking it might have been made by Pedersoli. Much of the Italian gun manufacturing was/is 'cottage industry' fashion where many little manufacturers supply parts or do operations for the bigger firms so I would guess that the patchbox brass castings were made and supplied by a third party to both manufacturers at some time in the past.
The Kentuckian seems like a well made rifle - enjoy!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom