Usually how long it takes to process an antique firearm at Customs?

davidsbyang

Regular
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The parcel coming up from the South is stuck at Customs. It shows from the tracking result that the parcel has been processing at Customs since Apr. 15.
Anyone has experiences how the Customs will process it? Will they send it to the firearm lab or call in a technician to process it? Or they have kinda of database to indentify it as an antique piece?
 
Everything takes longer right now, April 15 is only 5 days, you can expect up to 14 days for everything. Even small parts from the US take almost 1 month now.
 
Don't sweat yet. Average is 5-10 business days. The longest I had a n antique held in customs was 32 days in Missisauga ON. That was with an antique letter in the pkg.

Fastest was one that went through in 4 hours - entered customs and released the same day. That was also in Missisauga. Don't attempt to apply logic, it's a waste of time.
 
I am curious how they process it. Will they send it to some kind of RCMP firearm lab or a forensic to detect it's year built... I mean some sort of hi-tech. Or just look up in their database and decide it is just a piece of antique iron. Why it takes them so long to process.
 
Usually, how long it takes to get through customs is directly proportional to how badly you want to get your grubby little hands on it.

lmao-sad but true :(

I had a SAA that didn't even slow down...they opened the package,cut the bubble wrap about 3 inches to look inside and sent it on it's way with the appropriate fee$ attached.
It showed up before I even started to wonder when it would...
 
Back
Top Bottom