8mm lebel factory ammo to tide a guy over?

yea, but its just a plinker really (gopher killer as well), and a sentimental piece so caliber doesnt really matter toooo much.



I will be getting the mares leg in 44 mag anyways so that will be my kind of medium caliber "handgun" if you want to call it that.
 
thats HOT he should start at 2.8Gr. i say 3.5 should be his maX!

Agreed, I ran mine at 2.9GR, everywhere I'v read states to not go over 3.5Gr's.

Whats everyone running in their 1873's?. I'm gunna pick up a kit from HC-collections.

Proper 11mm ord brass with .451 dia heeled bullets. I'm thinking 3.8 gr's of unique to start and work up?.

Might try some Blackhorn 209 through her as well.
 
thats HOT he should start at 2.8Gr. i say 3.5 should be his maX!

I just sold a guy a 8mm Lebel and he started at 3.2 and went up to 4 gr and said it's perfect. I believe it since I have shot 3.2 gr of Unique out of old open top 38 revolvers, most guys go too soft on them. The casings are also quite huge compared to the powder.

I think the 1873 revolver can use a minimum of 4 gr of Unique, I also got the kit from HC and have to try it soon. However, I would prefer to load them with normal dies, 44 Russian should work for sizing, not sure what to use for seating the bullets.
 
If you are looking for dies try www.ch4d.com they make custom dies and ship to Canada and there prices are reasonable i got 7.5mm swiss revolver dies for around 80 bucks american. I was wondering if anyone would know if this 8mm brass would work in my 7.5mm swiss revolver as 32-20 works.
 
Last edited:
if i was jealous type i would say i am jealous...
nice gun you got nice pics...i am still working on the funds for one...
congrats. have fun and post more about it when you get reloaded and shoot
 
about the reloading, I am having trouble finding the size and type of primers needed for this pistol, I have it on good authority that they are berdan primers? what size? does anybody know?
 
Back
Top Bottom