Value of Ammo Collection

northof58

Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Location
Alberta
I have an ammo collection with approximately 35 calibers represented (pistol and rifle) with anywhere from one to four of each caliber. Would make a great start to an ammo collection. What would it's value be?

Also I have three boxes (Missing one, so 59 cartridges) of CIL Dominion 32 Remington SP 170 grn. I know that these are getting harder to find. What is their value?
 
The value of cartridges collections varies according to the cartridges in it and the condition of the cartridges. You won't find a value for a complete collection otherwise. You'd have to find somebody who wants the cartridges in it too.
"...Dominion 32 Remington..." What's the condition of the boxes? Matters to collectors.
 
Would really have to see what you have in the collection. Common cartridges may run 50 cents to a dollar and if there is something really rare maybe higher.
Research what you have from some of the cartridge collector sites and it will give you a much better idea.
 
Here is a list of calibers
308 win blank / 308 win / 7.62 Nato / 270 weatherby mag. / 22-250 / 244 rem / 375 H&H / 454 Casull / 6.5mm / 308 Norma mag / 43m / 7mm weatherby mag / 7.62 / 30-40 Krag / 224 weatherby mag / 32 special / 243 win / 6.5 rem mag / 32 rem / 38-55 / 8mm / 6.5 M. Sch. / 6.5 x 51 / 7.7 Jap / 458 Win Mag / 460 Weatherby mag / 7.5 x 55 / 7mm rem mag / 7mm / 220 swift / 300 win mag / 270 win / 38-55 / 264 win mag / 8x57 JRS / US 30 /
30-06 dummy rounds / 303 - 1942 - dummy round / 6mm rem / 338 win mag / 7x64 / Greener Police Gun

Plus a few other rounds which have no markings on them. I realize that some of the above may not give enough info, just a list of what is on them.

Plus a number of empty brass for some of the above.

Also 40mm-Mk3 empty case / 3 empty cartridges with bullets re-installed - Two are aluminum cases with holes drilled in the side, one is a brass case with what appears to be DAC 54 on the bottom - one extra bullet of this size - possibly these are 50BMG / One bullet that is much larger with brass tip, steel body, brass insert in base and a larger brass ring near the base and a groove near the base - I have no idea what this came from
 
You will probably find that they price someone is willing to pay is a lot less than you thought they were worth, unfortunately.

I had a slough of oddball WW1 and WW2 30 cal that I had put together over the years...when I lost interest and sold it it went for the same price as milsurp...and the new owner sent it downrange without a second thought.
 
Anything wich is still in production is not really considered a "collector", unless it's not commonly availlable. These only worth their current price.
The value of collectable ammo is mostly based on headstamping; some are rare some are as common as black ants, this is especially true when it comes military ammo. For example, a Ross made 303 worth much much more than the more common DC.
To have a good idea of the value of your "collection", pictures of each headstamp is needed.
Sorry, but determining the value is much more complicated than it looks.
 
Anything wich is still in production is not really considered a "collector", unless it's not commonly availlable. These only worth their current price.
The value of collectable ammo is mostly based on headstamping; some are rare some are as common as black ants, this is especially true when it comes military ammo. For example, a Ross made 303 worth much much more than the more common DC.
To have a good idea of the value of your "collection", pictures of each headstamp is needed.
Sorry, but determining the value is much more complicated than it looks.

To put another way, I have one baseball card, that is worth more than the other 20,000 cards put together. To ask what my 20,001 card collection is worth, is not really the way to go about things.

(I only wish this example were true, however, I think my most valuable card is around $10)
 
Here is a list of calibers
308 win blank / 308 win / 7.62 Nato / 270 weatherby mag. / 22-250 / 244 rem / 375 H&H / 454 Casull / 6.5mm / 308 Norma mag / 43m / 7mm weatherby mag / 7.62 / 30-40 Krag / 224 weatherby mag / 32 special / 243 win / 6.5 rem mag / 32 rem / 38-55 / 8mm / 6.5 M. Sch. / 6.5 x 51 / 7.7 Jap / 458 Win Mag / 460 Weatherby mag / 7.5 x 55 / 7mm rem mag / 7mm / 220 swift / 300 win mag / 270 win / 38-55 / 264 win mag / 8x57 JRS / US 30 /
30-06 dummy rounds / 303 - 1942 - dummy round / 6mm rem / 338 win mag / 7x64 / Greener Police Gun

There isn't anything here that is particularly interesting or rare, what you have is just a bunch of catridges more or less, I used to collect cartridges but it is a losing game. Aside from saying you have them all which is more or less impossible they aren't worth much.

And you are missing quite alot of common stuff so someone looking for a turn key catridge collection wouldn't want it.With a collection like yours that is probably your biggest market.

Even your large bore stuff is probably worth 10$ a shell at best.
 
I wasn't thinking that I had something valuable. I had these given to me and I have no interest in collecting cartridges. To sell them individually doesn't work for me due to my location (far northern Alberta). (Hazemat fees are prohibitive) I am going south to Calgary at the end of May and was more interested in finding someone who didn't have a collection, was wanting to start and this would give a beginning to a collection. Who knows, it may include one or two interesting ones and that would be great There are several cartridges I have no clue what they are. I am not interested in trying to take pictures of every cartridge and posting them. What I was after was simply to know what I should ask, "as is" and let someone else enjoy them.
 
As the value isn't all that high, you could always give them to a new collector as a good will gesture.
I firmly believe that what goes around comes around. It certainly has for me on occasion.
Good luck.
 
Back
Top Bottom