At a recent gun show that I was at in the US (Baltimore), which is one of the largest antique arms show in the US. There were no less then 6 Ball Repeating carbines for sale ranging from price of $1800.00 to $3500.00. I don't think any of them sold. The market for Civil War guns has soften in the US unless the gun has strong condition going for it. Most of the Civil War collectors are of the older generation, who in most cases are only looking to improve on condition of their guns.
These are a very rare gun considering the quanity that were made. Most of the ones being seen on the market today are coming from collections that pervious owners that have died off and their collections are being auctioned off.
I have no doubt that Mr. Kirkland paid $5K for the one mentioned in the previous post as these guns were not that common a few years ago when the ones that were out there were tied up in collections.
I am sure you could do just as good in Canada as the US if advertised correctly and get circulated. Both of the ones that I had I sold in here in Canada for good prices. As a point of interest one of the ones that I had I picked up in NB also.
The Irishtown Rd. Gun show this weekend maybe a good spot to show your gun to Joe Salter as he is sometimes at the show or one of his pickers will be there to give you an estimate.