...

I was not trying to be an ass Glock. Your question was asking about the core of a bullet being lead or steel. A magnet will tell you far quicker then cutting the bullet apart, but to each his own.

If you are having trouble telling if the jacket is copper or steel then... wait, check that, I am trying NOT to be an ass. :D

In all fairness, Hans answered your question in the first reply. I tend to be the, "teach a man to fish" type.
 
Do you want a demo of steel jacket/lead core bullet sticking to a magnet? When you see that, what would you think - is it steel jacket lead core or steel jacket steel core?

I would think "who cares how it's constructed, it's steel".

I don't believe I've ever seen a steel jacketed bullet with a lead core. Can you provide some examples of them?
 
Stevo - I've got some Norinco silver box that is steel jacket lead core. The MFS is as well. I cut a bullet I pulled from a MFS sp and its lead and was aproved for use at my indoor range as the jacket is uber thin.
 
Back
Top Bottom