.17HMR : Soon to be obsolete??

I love my 17 HMR, but I also have a need for my .22 LR as well.

Each fills a niche very well but is then lacking in other aspects.



Was out in the pasture today and used the 10/22 on gophers that I could get within 50 yards on. Got about 15-20 with it. Also used the 17 HMR and got 9 from 75 to 145 yards.

I sold my center fire varmint rig, my 17 HMR has stepped up and I hardly miss it. Plus no need to save brass and reload.
 
M2 ammo (from my source) is less than half that of HMR ammo. For those that claim the M2 has nothing better to offer than the .22 lr obviously have zero experience with the cartridge. I've been using the M2 alongside my .22's for 2 full gopher seasons now and there is a marked improvement in both terminal and ballistic performance.
 
So why are 17HMR loads using the 17gr v-max twice the price of 17mach2 loads using the exact same 17gr v-max?

For the exact same reason that a car is $30,000. It has nothing to do with how many options it has or how safe it is or how much technology is involved. Cars are $30,000 because that's what people will pay for them!
Same thing with any consumer product. If everybody got on the same page and said " I will not pay 1 dime more than $6.50 a box for 17HMR ammo" I guarantee they would be $6.50 a box.
Want proof? Ask General Motors why their pickups weren't selling for $65,000 any more....
 
Back
Top Bottom