Rules on carrying an antique pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddywaters

Member
Rating - 88.1%
35   5   2
Im sure this has been covered before but am I able to carry an antique pistol if i have an RCMP letter on me? what are the rules when it comes to this. thanks
 
Don't carry it anywhere you wouldnt carry a non restricted firearm. Don't carry it concealed, don't make it flashy and spook passerbys.

You generally can't hunt with them but you can bring it with you when you have your hunting gun. You may "target shoot" with it in the bush anywhere you may discharge your non restricted guns.

Use common sense and safety, bring an FRT print out or RCMP letter and you should be O.K.
 
Last edited:
I would suggest reading the stickies in this forum and doing a search on this topic. It has been discussed but based on your previous three posts I am going to guess your not really interested in the answer and are just posting the question to stir some trouble.
 
I would suggest reading the stickies in this forum and doing a search on this topic. It has been discussed but based on your previous three posts I am going to guess your not really interested in the answer and are just posting the question to stir some trouble.


Im not asking for problems? Im new to this and came here for help but there are idiots like you who make it hard for someone new to ask a question. Nice people we have on here....
 
there's no law on open carrying a antique pistol but just dont do it all it takes is one time for it to ruin it for the rest of us

Agreed, it would be a very stupid idea to open carry any kind of pistol in any public places in these current gun hysterical times.

Keep it to ranges or the bush and if people are in the bush that you don't know, keep it low profile.

Again use good judgment and common sense, we don't wanna go ####ing up a good thing.
 
there's no law on open carrying a antique pistol but just dont do it all it takes is one time for it to ruin it for the rest of us

Carrying an antique hangun is an extremely ill advised idea. I agree no specific law against but the criminal code if full of "gotcha" indictable offenses.

Here are a few of the top of my head. I am sure there are many more

- Careless use of firearm

- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose- Every person commits an offence who carries or possesses a weapon for a purpose dangerous to the public peace(who know what that means)

-Carrying weapon while attending public meeting(if there is more than one person present, does this qualify as a meeting?)

-Possession at unauthorized place( again who would know where this might be)

I have a fair degree of confidence that if you try you will be arrested(likely "dynamically") and will see the justice system in it's full glory first hand.
 
I'm not a hunter but I would bet that any Wildlife Officer that found you in the bush in hunting season legitamately (ie permits/tags and all) hunting with a long gun but found you to have a pistol on your person would charge you and let the courts sort it out.

op,
having a very low post count and coming on here to ask very, very sensitive questions should not suprise you that it may raise some suspictions.
We love our hobbie and are constantly on guard againt those that may want to wreck it for us.
 
good to know

Glad I happened on this thread,I am lazy at heart so was going to ask a similar question ,although I was not planning to take a black powder or any other firearm out in puplic.I was wondering a couple things ,and seeing there are a bunch of you people here that have been around for a while.
Although I have the restricted cert..Do you need it for a black powder repro like an 1858 cap and ball or any repro pistol of that era?
I started back in the firearms sport a few months ago and planned on one of those to be my first firearm,1 sks, 2 mosins and an order in for a ruger mk III, later and still would love to get a 44 .
Can we order these from the U.S. or is it as tough as any other firearm?
See ,told you I was lazy,stealing another guys thread to ask my question.
Sorry bud!:canadaFlag:
Gotta blame the love for the black powder on Clint Eastwood!
 
Glad I happened on this thread,I am lazy at heart so was going to ask a similar question ,although I was not planning to take a black powder or any other firearm out in puplic.I was wondering a couple things ,and seeing there are a bunch of you people here that have been around for a while.
Although I have the restricted cert..Do you need it for a black powder repro like an 1858 cap and ball or any repro pistol of that era?
I started back in the firearms sport a few months ago and planned on one of those to be my first firearm,1 sks, 2 mosins and an order in for a ruger mk III, later and still would love to get a 44 .
Can we order these from the U.S. or is it as tough as any other firearm?
See ,told you I was lazy,stealing another guys thread to ask my question.
Sorry bud!:canadaFlag:
Gotta blame the love for the black powder on Clint Eastwood!

the repos are classed as normal pistols here so you have to go though all the normal :bsFlag: to get it
 
Im not asking for problems? Im new to this and came here for help but there are idiots like you who make it hard for someone new to ask a question. Nice people we have on here....

Don't take it the wrong way, but we deal with an increasing number of people who seem to think antiques are an easy way around the current restricted laws. You cannot carry any weapon concealed, and while there are no laws against "carrying" an antique in plain view, it will absolutely get you charged, result in massive fines and court costs, and serve no useful purpose.
 
The repro percussion revolvers being sold are almost invariably Italian. They are proof tested. They aren't going to "blow apart" if used appropriately.
Have a look at Marstar's offerings.
 
Thanks,,Still want one,I am afraid to ask but who makes a descent quality bp handgun at a descent price? I want one that isn't going to blow apart!:eek:

With the possible exception of the Indian made guns with no touch hole, the issue is not blowing apart but rather how well the lock parts will function

cheers mooncoon
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom