Need some info...whats it worth?

ddelorme68

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
IMG_6308.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_6307.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_6306.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_6305.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_6301.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_6300.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_6299.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_6297.jpg
[/IMG]

Would like some info on this, if anyone could help, that would be great.
 
Last edited:
Please reduce the size of your pictures.
"...at several thousand dollars..." Highly unlikely considering that it's broken. A fancily carved stock, quite possibly home made, doesn't add to the value of a firearm that is damaged and rusted. Less if it has damascus barrels from an unknown maker. There were literally hundreds of small shops in the Liege area making firearms.
"...has the Liege (Belgium) proof mark..." Those are inspector's marks. Belgian inspector's names were kept secret for some reason.
 
i'll tell you if its a shotgun with a avrage bore $450 but with the broken hammer and almost no info id say about half that and i dont over look damascus barrels but without knowing if there sound that would lower the cost even more

if you want i can look it over and see if the barrels are still good or not just to see if its worth fixing pm me
 
whats it worth

believe i saw a similar piece at the last haynes auction and i believe it took 1100-. hammer was not broken on that one so your value would be a little less. early piece of folk art otherwise an unexceptional double. cheers
 
the guy that apprased it was on crack!

so... there is no other marking on the gun? i say it's worth 350-650 then.

i would not pay that for a possable non shooter if the barrels welds(there damascus) are split at the breech end the barrel could crack

theres a few things that you can do to see if there ok are not ive done it on a fe set of barrels already my double barrel flintlock im making is going to be a damascus set thay have a small spot where a weld is cracked but its at the muzzle so its not something to worry about

right now with out knowing what the barrels are like you dont want to know what my price is :redface:
 
I would put its price around $150 - $200 assuming the barrels are not badly pitted inside and that the locks are in working condition other than the broken hammer. A British gun in similar condition would bring $300 - $400 in my opinion. And for some comparison on the above British price, a few weeks ago I sold a british shotgun for $400 that I had bought a couple of years before for about the same price.

cheers mooncoon
 
Well here is another one. I knew I had one just had to find it. I have seen them advertise in a reproduction copy of the Sears & Roebuck catalog.
I agree not a lot of value as a quality gun, mine is in 16ga.
If you find a buyer that is willing to pay thousands, let me know:D

DSC05945.jpg


DSC05943.jpg


DSC05946.jpg
 
gun

I have seen quite a number of these throughout my travels.
They are definately made in Belgian, they had all sorts of different motifs carved in them , lions, goats, horses etc. with jewels of all kinds used for the eyes, mostly a rudimentary firearm not of any great collector value. If someone was willing to give you more than a couple of hundred dollars I would take it and run as fast as i could.

your appraiser needs his head examined, (no offense), or maybe he needs to give you half its appraised value.;)

I have refused to purchase better condition guns of the same maker and design for $150.

Just my 2 cents.

Sean
 
Back
Top Bottom