Please delete thanks to everyone

Barrel under4.5in probably 3 / 3 1/2in, the gent said he had papers for it but back from his dad ,when we talked he was not able to locate the papers probably stashed somewhere in one of his boxes, also saw a Sears Robuck catalogue ''Fall 1900'' printed on the front page !!!!!! Now that, no way did he wanted to sell I tried as much as I could but he did not want to let it go.

Thanks for your help will look up the flow chart.
 
Availability of ammo has absolutely nothing to do with whether a handgun is antique or not.

One black one white............ now how can I know for sure if this is antique status or not, chart says no but only account of the caliber another PM states it could be. I don't want to get the old gent in trouble in the process, I'm convinced that even if he has papers for the gun he doesn't have a license to own.



Just goes to show how these gun companies kept records of what they built...
 
Read the firearms act - absolutely not a legal antique. Anyone who tells you differently is flat out wrong. .38 colt is on the no-go list, regardless of date of manufacture.. No ifs, ands, or buts. It probably is not old enough anyways, even if it was chambered for a legal cartridge.
 
I think when they drafted the legislation they purposely did so in a way as to make all these old Iver Johnson's prohibited to get them out of the market. There used to be a ton of them around.
 
From the RCMP's Canadian Firearms Program's website: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/antique-historique-eng.htm

Your relative is in illegal possession of an ungrandfathered prohibited firearm for two reasons:
A-He does not currently hold a valid PAL, much less one with a 12(6) (prohibited handguns)
endorsement;
B-The revolver wasn't registered into the new registry by December 1st, 1998 (the deadline to
register prohibited handguns)

Even if your relative gets a PAL, he still wouldn't be allowed to own it as he wouldn't have the 12(6) endorsement, the requirements being that he would've needed to be in continuous possession of a valid PAL AND of at least one '98-registered prohibited handgun since December 1st, 1998. See here: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/prohibited-prohibe-eng.htm
 
First off he is not a relative, he is a friend of a relative who overheard my talking to an uncle of old times going on hunting trips. Am not into antiques, even less shooting something that might take a few fingers off, that is why I asked the question, have never seen a hammerless and was sure I could get a little history from you guy's. I read the laws a bit but mixed me up more when they write about yes for this no for that year also changes things but not if this or that caliber. Was more trying to narrow down the manufacture date

If anything I have more interest in the old box of black powder ammo and the old Robuck catalogue he has. He didn't seem to want to part with it so I'll let his own relatives worry about getting rid of the gun.
 
Back
Top Bottom