Russian 22lr ammo

'Steel' should be quite soft, it's just not brass. Also, expect quite a bit of wax all over. You shouldn't have issues shooting the ammo.
 
Half the price of what regular ammo? Win or Fed Bulk?

Does it shoot at least as good (or as bad) as brand W and brand F?

Does it have non-corrosive priming?

If so, where can we get this stuff?
 
I had a guy at a gun store tell me when I so much as looked to see what the paper wrapped brick was, to never buy it. Because it's garbage, dirty, and has I forget whatever coating on it that'll just jam up the gun.

If the guy who makes a living selling ammo told me not to buy it I'll take that as enough to go on.
 
I had a guy at a gun store tell me when I so much as looked to see what the paper wrapped brick was, to never buy it. Because it's garbage, dirty, and has I forget whatever coating on it that'll just jam up the gun.

If the guy who makes a living selling ammo told me not to buy it I'll take that as enough to go on.

Why does he have it on the shelve in the first place then? :)
 
I have this ammo from ussr. I had a brick of the junior and it shoots really well. The only thing is that it greasy or waxy.
IMG_0045.jpg
IMG_0047.jpg
 
Why does he have it on the shelve in the first place then? :)

Because he doesn't own the store and it's super cheap, and we'd been chatting for an hour after I already spent enough there that the guy would rather have kept me a happy customer. :)
 
I had a guy at a gun store tell me when I so much as looked to see what the paper wrapped brick was, to never buy it. Because it's garbage, dirty, and has I forget whatever coating on it that'll just jam up the gun.

If the guy who makes a living selling ammo told me not to buy it I'll take that as enough to go on.

With all due respect for GS employess (I know a few personally and they are knowledgeable fellows), some of them do not know squat.

Unless somebody tells me specifically what is wrong i.e. so many percent Failures to Fire, one in so many shots jam, grouping 6 inches at 25 meters, etc., I will not buy into their negative propaganda. It is possible the GS makes 1/2 the profit on these half priced ammo. The GS has to look after its own interest.

Why do you think Norinco 1911s are not usually stocked in GS's? Low mark-ups that's why.
 
I have the Junior and the Russian made Lapua. Both were tested by me at 100 yards in a scoped match rifle against Ely and Lapua Match and Winchester T22.

They did very well. Not as good as the match ammo, but almost as good. Certainly good enough for any kind of shooting other than the seroius competitioin that justifies paying over $10 a box of 50.

The steel cases are problematic in some rifles. Rifles with dual extractors handle it fine. Single extractor rifles may not get the empty out.

The ammo will not extract from my Ruger 22 pistols and will not extract from a revolver.

If the price is right, buy a box and see if it extracts from your gun. If it does, buy a few cases. I did.
 
If it is the stuff I bought a while back, it is a pile of poo.
Many misfires.
To be fair, I did not test for accuracy. Who knows, it might be match grade.
(9 bullseyes and a failure to fire! Woohoo!)
 
With all due respect for GS employess (I know a few personally and they are knowledgeable fellows), some of them do not know squat.

Unless somebody tells me specifically what is wrong i.e. so many percent Failures to Fire, one in so many shots jam, grouping 6 inches at 25 meters, etc., I will not buy into their negative propaganda. It is possible the GS makes 1/2 the profit on these half priced ammo. The GS has to look after its own interest.

Why do you think Norinco 1911s are not usually stocked in GS's? Low mark-ups that's why.

Ok, take a step back, and take a deep breath, everything will be ok I promise! :)


So he keeps you a happy customer, and screw the rest?

Hi, I don't own the store, I went in to buy gun stuff. The guy working there told me not to bother buying it because it was garbage. Thanks for attacking my post? But I'm not sure why you're getting huffy at me. :confused:
 
This steel cased Russian 22 ammo has been available off and on for at least 3 decades.
It's not great ammo, but is quite accurate.
As one poster pointed out, it does not extract readily from all firearms, so try some out before investing in quantity.
Regards, Eagleye.
 
Ok, take a step back, and take a deep breath, everything will be ok I promise! :)




Hi, I don't own the store, I went in to buy gun stuff. The guy working there told me not to bother buying it because it was garbage. Thanks for attacking my post? But I'm not sure why you're getting huffy at me. :confused:


My comment was directed at the salesman. Don't be so sensitive.
 
Sorry the question mark made me think you were questioning me.

And at the end of the day, I'd rather have a salesperson be honest with me than just try and sell me something for the sake of selling it. That way I can trust when he suggests something else even if it is more expensive. I appreciate it at least. I bought a brick of AE instead because of it.
 
I used quite a lot of USSR and Polish made 22LR ammo way back in my school days.

Russian stuff was just about always way better than Polish-it was more accurate,fed better in our rifles and it always went "boom".

Cleaning of gear right after competition was mandatory so wax/grease build-up was never an issue.It actually made cleaning easier if i remember well.
 
Sorry the question mark made me think you were questioning me.

And at the end of the day, I'd rather have a salesperson be honest with me than just try and sell me something for the sake of selling it. That way I can trust when he suggests something else even if it is more expensive. I appreciate it at least. I bought a brick of AE instead because of it.

Just because a salesman disses a particular product does not exactly mean he is being honest. In fact, I would seriously doubt the sincerity of a salesman who would call a product he sells as "trash". Why do they even bother stocking it then?

I am not made of money, so I always look for best value. If I saw any product that is selling for half the price of similar products, I will seriously take a look at it.
 
I don't know he doesn't own the store, that's what he told me, I didn't feel like he was bs'ing me. That's my story, I can't speak for him... sorry I opened my 'mouth'.
 
Back
Top Bottom