Strength of an 1895 Nagant.......

cyclone

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
379   0   0
Location
Toronto, Ontario
I've read about the (in)famous .32 ACP cylinders for the Russian nagants :yingyang: , and was wondering just how "robust" those Nagants really are :) - after all, a jacketed .32 ACP round can give-off surprising pressure levels (at least when compared to antique revolver-round pressures).....;)

Thoughts ? ...:D
 
You can shoot .32H&R Magnum loads outta the reg cylinders of the Nagant altho you won't really be able to re-use the brass. The 7.62x38R round loaded to miltary specs in WWII was no "pussy" round and had alot more juice then todays (few) commerical loads.
 
I've owned an 1898. That was the first year of production in Russia. Before that, the few that were made were made in Belgium if I recall, and are uber-rare.
 
it's an ugly crude gun,but so reliable and I never saw one brake down
it's best to shoot the original ammo ,other types of ammo give a lot of fouling in the barrel,nagants are sold free in Belgium and have the "antique" status ,prices are between $90 and $200 ,with holster and tool
http://www.sff.net/people/sanders/nagant.html
1003034t.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom