Tryon?

Anfoman76

Regular
Rating - 99%
191   2   0
Location
B.C.
HI guys, I am looking at purchasing a new muzzleloader. I really like the look of the Edward K Tryon rifle. Pedersoli makes a beautiful reproduction. I am shooting a TC REnegade right now and it's a great workhorse and what I would call very accurate, off a bench I can put five shots into the same place (one big hole). I just want something classy :redface: . Is anyone shooting one? Are they as accurate as I've heard? Any info or input would be great. See ya BC BP heads at Heffley!!
 
I had one for a number of years. It was my first "real" muzzle loader as my first was a very poorly made Spanish gun that ended up as a pretzel knot around a tree.....It was a 50 caliber with a 1:48 twist that contrary to common opinion shot round ball and conical bullets extremely well. I guess the gun didn't know it should not have been capable of doing so.. The Pedresoli guns are all excellent (current manufacture) and the Tyron is a good choice. It has a back action lock design that gives a faster lock time than a standard lock. In closing, I suggest that you look around your area to see if there is a black powder group that can help you get started. Addictive sport once it gets into the blood.

Cheers. Steve.
 
I shoot a .54 Tryon as my competition rifle. It shoots better than I do, though every once in a while, I luck out and do well in my club competitions. There are many different levels of finish on Pedersoli Tryon rifles that I have seen - make sure you examine your prospective purchase "in the flesh".
I have engraved (machine) bright finish metal fittings and a nice dark piece of wood on mine. I love it.
 
I had one for a number of years. It was my first "real" muzzle loader as my first was a very poorly made Spanish gun that ended up as a pretzel knot around a tree.....It was a 50 caliber with a 1:48 twist that contrary to common opinion shot round ball and conical bullets extremely well. I guess the gun didn't know it should not have been capable of doing so.. The Pedresoli guns are all excellent (current manufacture) and the Tyron is a good choice. It has a back action lock design that gives a faster lock time than a standard lock. In closing, I suggest that you look around your area to see if there is a black powder group that can help you get started. Addictive sport once it gets into the blood.

Cheers. Steve.
Hi Steve, I've actually been at this for awhile. I was just looking for xperience with the Tryon. My Renegade is a sidelock with 1-48" twist and is very accurate with both conicals and PB. I just finished building a Pedersoli Scout in 32cal so I could compete in the Squirell shoot. It's a true beauty! Just want something a little nicer for my main battery ;) , but thank you for your help.
 
I shoot a .54 Tryon as my competition rifle. It shoots better than I do, though every once in a while, I luck out and do well in my club competitions. There are many different levels of finish on Pedersoli Tryon rifles that I have seen - make sure you examine your prospective purchase "in the flesh".
I have engraved (machine) bright finish metal fittings and a nice dark piece of wood on mine. I love it.
Thanks that's the kind of info I was looking for. I'm actually looking at getting a kit for the long cold winter ahead.
 
Back
Top Bottom