How about renaming this forum?

pacobillie

CGN frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 99.4%
164   1   0
Location
Quebec
Most muzzleloaders (the guns) are not antiques and most muzzleloaders (the shooters) do not use real BP in their front stuffers.

In the past, many have voiced their opinion to keep all topics related to muzzleloading here, as opposed to a separate forum. In that case, a change of title may be in order. How about "Blackpowder, Antiques and Muzzleloaders"?
 
Speaking as an individual, I think your suggestion is too much of a mouthful to be practical. I also don't agree that most guns on this forum are (presumably) inlines using substitute powders. I think the present title gets the point across and can't any reason for changing

cheers mooncoon
 
mooncoon;5999690 I also don't agree that most guns on this forum are (presumably) inlines using substitute powders. cheers mooncoon[/QUOTE said:
With all due respect, I am not suggesting that at all. I am only saying that the name of the forum does not capture the reality of modern muzzleloaders, whether inline or sidelocks, and that a more inclusive name might be appropriate.
 
Or we could just ban BP substitutes and their discussions from the forum. We all know real men use BP exclusively.... ;)

Nah, shooting subs is better than shooting smokeyless...:cheers:

I would like to see more posts about shooting BP (subs as well) than antiques, but it's all good!
 
Well as long as we're talking about such important stuff as the appropriate and correct nomenclature for the antique and blackpowder forum, i would like to propose the the new name should be "GIRLS-GIRLS-GIRLS". It wouldn't be real accurate or appropriate but I bet it would get a lot more traffic.
 
Meh - I think it works as is. If someone can't find the forum because it doesn't have their exact make/model of inline listed in the name I'd be more concerned about how they got a gun anyways, rather than their ability to contribute to the foum :p
 
Speaking as an individual, I think your suggestion is too much of a mouthful to be practical. I also don't agree that most guns on this forum are (presumably) inlines using substitute powders. I think the present title gets the point across and can't any reason for changing

cheers mooncoon


Follow the K.I.S.S. principle...Keep It Simple Simpleton!!! I like the present format of this forum as it covers what I look for rather then trying to find a "specialized" forum for one thing or another.
Black powder and antiques go together like Coffee and Cream, like Laurel and Hardie, like Martin and Lewis. Keep it the way it is...No Problems!!!!
 
With all due respect, I am not suggesting that at all. I am only saying that the name of the forum does not capture the reality of modern muzzleloaders, whether inline or sidelocks, and that a more inclusive name might be appropriate.

or we can add to the name "and variants."

;););)
 
A rose by any other name...
Sounds like someone needs a hobby to keep themselves occupied ( too much free time)
No offense intended.
Leave it as is.
IMO
 
While I understand that many people may use BP subs in their inlines and BP guns the thing is these subs are used to fire in weapons designed to use BP. So it does not make a lot of sense to change the name. If any change is made it should be to make the name closer to the EE name or Vise Versa. However if you are looking for a particular forum you just have to read the title afterall we all seem to have found our way here. Every firearm designed to use Black Powder is covered in the name, the inclusivity that you seek is already there. It would be kewl to see sub catigories, however I really don't think there is a lot of traffic to warrent any sub catigories. Every so often (Actually quite a bit) I read what others are doing ( I own BP replica pistols and don't own an Antique, Musket, or Inline..... Yet), I find it all very interesting though. Some members do quite a service to the field of BP history and shooting. I never even considered BP until I read about all the fun you folks were having here. Long story short I think the name should stay the same and those are my reasons.
 
Last edited:
On another forum that I participate in the blackpowder category is labeled "Darksider's Den" It's more Cowboy Action oriented though. The title here says it all.

No Smokyless...
 
As-is works fine for me. If a change were to be made, Id suggest a separate forum dedicated to "In-line Muzzle-loaders" since they aren't antiques and many don't use black powder anyway.
 
Back
Top Bottom