8mm lebel FRT

47425-3 107mm barrel. 47425-11 117mm barrel.
Both restricted. With a brief look didn't see FRT # for antique. Likely has a different -XX number. Call the CFP and ask.
 
it is my understanding that they do not consider all 1892 to be antique as some were made later I don't know what serial # they would cut it off at my frt lists them as restricted with a note that examples made before 1898 may be considered antique.
 
I know that ALL F prefixes are considered Antique, and I believe the G's are as well for a few thousand aditional serial numbers, but the G's cross over into cut off dates, depending on how high the number is.

I'v imported a G prefix made 1897 with no issues, 50,### serial number if I remember correctly.
 
That gun is deffinatly an antique, no doubt about it. Low F serial number, with likely matching 1893 barrel.

I dont personally have an FRT for it but I bet money its antique status.
 
That gun is deffinatly an antique, no doubt about it.
I dont personally have an FRT for it but I bet money its antique status.

If the gun is 8 mm (.323 diameter) then it is not an antique regardless of when it was made. Refer to the stickies above and S(tatement)O(f)R(egulation) 98-464 and you will find it has to be over 8.3 mm which at an approximation is .332 " diameter. Also if the gun is a repeater, it would not qualify as an antique under the present criteria. You will find the pertinent sections of the criminal code and statements of regulation on page 2 of sticky saying link to the cfc regulations

cheers mooncoon
 
If the gun is 8 mm (.323 diameter) then it is not an antique regardless of when it was made. Refer to the stickies above and S(tatement)O(f)R(egulation) 98-464 and you will find it has to be over 8.3 mm which at an approximation is .332 " diameter. Also if the gun is a repeater, it would not qualify as an antique under the present criteria. You will find the pertinent sections of the criminal code and statements of regulation on page 2 of sticky saying link to the cfc regulations

cheers mooncoon


This only applies to rifles.

The mentioned gun is antique, I imported a whole bunch of them from the US, getting rarer now. The FRT won't help since they were made beyond 1897, so the FRT says restricted with the remark that some made before 1898 are considered antique.
 
If the gun is 8 mm (.323 diameter) then it is not an antique regardless of when it was made. Refer to the stickies above and S(tatement)O(f)R(egulation) 98-464 and you will find it has to be over 8.3 mm which at an approximation is .332 " diameter. Also if the gun is a repeater, it would not qualify as an antique under the present criteria. You will find the pertinent sections of the criminal code and statements of regulation on page 2 of sticky saying link to the cfc regulations

cheers mooncoon

Refering to MLE 1892 8mm lebel Revolver, not 8mm lebel rifle.
 
ok, so no FRT then. I want to take this with me on a trip to the woods and have it on me while in camp, I have a copy of the storage/transport regulations, copy of the criminal code 14.1 and 98-464, is there anything else that would be of help if approached by authorities of any kind
 
You can send pics of it into the RCMP and get an antique status letter for her, thats only if you wish to have it tied to your name though.

They keep records of that sort of make shift registration.

Doesnt matter much because you can just say down the road that you sold it ect. if they ever decided to ban them ect down the road.

Your call really. Other than that you won't have proof of that guns status besides them possibly seizing it until they figure out their mistake.

I realise it has S1893 on the barrel but its not really good enough proof as they sometimes come with replacement barrels. The average LEO will know nothing about the F serial number's all being pre 1897 either.
 
Last edited:
The previous owner did apply for a letter already so I'm waiting to hear from him (a friend so I know it's been done). I was just hoping to have as much proof that I was legal to carry it as I could until the antique letter arrived.
 
The previous owner did apply for a letter already so I'm waiting to hear from him (a friend so I know it's been done). I was just hoping to have as much proof that I was legal to carry it as I could until the antique letter arrived.

It's an antique gun, why do you think it would be legal to carry?
 
or should I say a "prescribed antique" just to avoid comments to the fact that not all antiques are legal to possess without a restricted endorsement.
 
You can send pics of it into the RCMP and get an antique status letter for her, thats only if you wish to have it tied to your name though.

They keep records of that sort of make shift registration.

Doesnt matter much because you can just say down the road that you sold it ect. if they ever decided to ban them ect down the road.

Your call really. Other than that you won't have proof of that guns status besides them possibly seizing it until they figure out their mistake.

I realise it has S1893 on the barrel but its not really good enough proof as they sometimes come with replacement barrels. The average LEO will no nothing about the F serial number's all being pre 1897 either.
Actually they have not asked me to rsgister online for the last several letters I have requested. I think they have dropped that requirement.
 
Back
Top Bottom