Around here, the tire shops are hesitant to sell their wheel weights because they seem to have standing offers from one or more people who cast cannon balls for fishing. Your only hope is to offer them say $20 for a 2/3 full bucket that they haven't sold yet.
On the subject of linotype, I bought about 75 lbs of printers letters and melted some down to use for hard bullets. The stuff was a royal pain and I got rid of what was left as fast as I could. It must have been 30% antimony and as one approached 700 F, the antimony all floated to the surface and formed a sort of granular sludge
cheers mooncoon
On the subject of linotype, I bought about 75 lbs of printers letters and melted some down to use for hard bullets. The stuff was a royal pain and I got rid of what was left as fast as I could. It must have been 30% antimony and as one approached 700 F, the antimony all floated to the surface and formed a sort of granular sludge
cheers mooncoon


















































