Who's going to Heffley?

Anfoman76

Regular
Rating - 99%
191   2   0
Location
B.C.
It's the most wonderful time of the year! Heffley Creek is almost here, I've been looking forward to this since last year! I know Mooncoon will be there but are there any other nutz going?
 
I will be there for sure with my faithful dog Moon

MoonCoonb.jpg


I expect we will be towards the back left corner of primitive again

HeffleyPrimitiveb.jpg


HeffleyPrimitive2b.jpg


The booshway tells us they expect to allow campfires this year. The sign in the lower photograph was from a couple of years ago when there were a lot of forest fires.

cheers mooncoon
 
Do tell us civilized folk back in the East what it's all about...

If you do a google search for "BC Rendezvous" you will pick up the web page. The rondy goes on for 10 days and is held the week ending with Labour Day each year. I expect about 200 - 250 people to attend and about 130 camps. Of those roughly 40 will be primitive and 90 in tin town.
There are competitions every day usually one in the morning and one in the afternoon. You pay a camping fee of $25 which goes to the running of the camp and $5 each time you register for a competition. Top 10 people win a prize.
All manner of black powder competitions are represented with muzzle loading rifle, shotgun, smoothbore and pistol. Also cartridge rifle and pistol and primitive archery. There are numerous trade blankets and one and all have an excellent time.

cheers mooncoon
 
Thanks, I'll check out the site. Sounds like a blast! That Adirondack chair in the 1st pic tells me your not going too primitive. Gotta draw the line somewhere...:p
 
Thanks, I'll check out the site. Sounds like a blast! That Adirondack chair in the 1st pic tells me your not going too primitive. Gotta draw the line somewhere...:p

Out here they are sometimes called critter chairs, and are invariably home made.
My store bought Adirondack has cup holders......;)

And , next year , for sure I will be there , tin tenting;)
 
BP cartridge? Quigley shoot. Last year was 750 and 900 yrds with open sights. And Cartridge pistol walk. If you go to the sight Moon gave there's a schedule of the daily events. Good times had with Great people!! My inlaws come up from Washington state every year for this!!
 
the open sights is actually iron sights and most use a peep sight aft with various inserts in a Lyman 17a front sight or equivalent. In past years we had a 20 shot silhouette match out to 400 yrds but that does not seem to be held this year. The cartridge pistol shoot is a variety of gongs on a trail walk through cowboy town and I think 25 shots total.

cheers mooncoon

Pistolsincowboytownb.jpg
 
Tin town??? Can someone explain what that is,also can a person attend a rendezvous without being a member of a Black Powder Club???
Can pistols be carried in a holster without formal training or can training be provided???
 
There is a basic rule of no loaded guns in camp and that would apply to loaded pistols as well. I think most of the people there would regard carrying a pistol all of the time just added weight.
Visitors are welcome and while residents of primitive are expected to be in costume, the rest of the camp is open rules as far as dress is concerned. Visitors to primitive do not have to be in costume.
In primitive, there is no plastic to be shown but what you have inside your tent out of sight or covered up by a tarp is your business. After the rondy starts, only vehicles in primitive are those setting up or breaking down a camp.

cheers mooncoon
 
That sounds like a lot of fun. My wife and I have plans already so it's unlikely I'll be able to get there this year. Gotta get myself some old-timey clothes and bring out one of the Sharps next year.

Chris.
 
heffly

tuning up a perc. 38 for the wife and a .34 flinter (both originals) for myself for the squirrel trail. one of the best trails to shoot. we'll be there for the first 8 days. look forward to seeing the gang again.
 
Coupla questions for the old hands.

I'm thinking of showing up if I can get all my ducks in a row, in the primitive camp. However, it's been a long time since I was 'vooing, so I've not get the proper duds. If I show up the first weekend some time, any change that vendors will already be there and if so, what chance do you think I could find a trapper's shirt and pants to buy?

Also, the last rondy I went to was down in Kelowna about 15 years ago and nobody got any sleep because the drunks raised unmitigated hell all night long. How's primitive camp at Heffley? Wild and wooly or do they keep a bit of a lid on things?
 
Back
Top Bottom