223 Ballistics: MFS vs AE

norlandgeese

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Location
ON
Hi all,

Hope you can point me to the data, I have the chart (in my "Ballistic FTE" software) for the American Eagle ammo, but I do not have the data for the MFS which I would like to use for 100m to 500m. Can someone point me to the ballistic data for the MFS 223 ammo? I went to the MFS 2000 webpage but didn't see any 223 info.

(1) American Eagle 223 55gr FMJ
(2) MFS 223 55gr FMJ Zinc plated.

Thanks in advance.
 
It would probably be tough to find a chart and the difference is probably almost nothing. Not to mention those charts arn't 100% accurate. If you want better ballistics buy 62 grain or reload! Emphasis on reload!
 
Not for sub-moa precision, it is for SR.

Reloading is not in the near term plan, need to rely on buying 2000 rounds/year cheaper off-the-shelf stuff for a while.

Shooter is the primary thing that determines a SR score. This being said, if you can find 62 grain ammo or better ammo buy it. 32 scoring shots are shot from 500m in the prone. Your ammo and gun play a large role in your scores for these rounds. Your wind drift at this range is twice as much with a 55 than it is with a 68 HPBT Match. Makes a pretty big difference.
 
Ok, here are the criteria:
(1) Preclude reloading. (Just where I am in life right now.)
(2) Stays under $400 per 1000 rounds shipping included.

I have been using bulk AE 55gr and have been getting used to it's ballistics.
All I want to know is if the MFS ballistics is comparable, to further help save more money.

But if anyone knows where I can get 62gr under those same two criteria I will jump on it gladly. Btw, I did get some MFS 62gr, will test them out in the winter. (even that is a bit over the price range)

Alternative if there is a way to reload without spending much more time than buying ammo online I will try it too. (just kidding)

Cheers!
 
Ok, here are the criteria:
(1) Preclude reloading. (Just where I am in life right now.)
(2) Stays under $400 per 1000 rounds shipping included.

I have been using bulk AE 55gr and have been getting used to it's ballistics.
All I want to know is if the MFS ballistics is comparable, to further help save more money.

But if anyone knows where I can get 62gr under those same two criteria I will jump on it gladly. Btw, I did get some MFS 62gr, will test them out in the winter. (even that is a bit over the price range)

Alternative if there is a way to reload without spending much more time than buying ammo online I will try it too. (just kidding)

Cheers!

Then go to CanAm, they have 1600RDS of Norc 55gr for 639, or 800rds for 349. Free shipping.

That's real milspec s**t used in mideast. Don't know how CanAm got them
 
Back
Top Bottom