Help my ID these rounds please

M0FuK1Dy

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So, I received a handful of guns a while back from a friend who no longer used them. he also gave me a bunch of ammo with it. Lots of it I threw out because it was so old and scary looking. Among the guns I received was a Remington 740 30-06 and some ammo to go with it. I also got a few rounds that I don't recognize the head stamps, but appear to be the same size as my 30-06 reloads.

So, here's a couple pics of 2 of the rounds I received along with my reloads for size comparison/reference

(obviously the marked SP are my loads :p)

CIMG0490.jpg

CIMG0492.jpg
 
I have a whole hand full of them as well I was given to me I suspected they were very close to the 30-06 but didn't have any to compare them to. The one you have pictured appears to be a tracer round.
 
I have a whole hand full of them as well I was given to me I suspected they were very close to the 30-06 but didn't have any to compare them to. The one you have pictured appears to be a tracer round.

30-06 British contract with heavy ring crimp for use in MGs.

It would appear you are both correct.

Next question, are these safe for my rifle?
 
Well, just would like to say thanks again Green, you pointed me in the right direction. I was able to find all the info I want on it. For those who are wondering here it is.

It IS a 30-06 British tracer round
The head stamp is RA 41
Manufactured by the Remington Arms Cooperation (Hence the RA) and made in 1941 (RA 41) and it is a corrosive primer.

Ishodu I found something that may be useful for IDing your rounds. h ttp://www.odcmp.org/1101/USGI.pdf

Thanks again
 
Back
Top Bottom